Wednesday 16 March 2016

Can I smell it?!?

I kept Huffle awake again last night and he ended up in the loft (oh dear). Being ill during March Break when the kids are off school for a whole week and it decides to rain is obviously not great. I had my one rest day yesterday and that, it seems, was that. Today I have had to be a referee many times during various fights, a glue mixer, a paint organiser, dinner maker, kitchen clear-a-upper, game player and washer woman. My tablets are obviously staring to work but my glands on the left hurt so much I can't even touch them (as I found out when I showered this morning). I also have a cold coming out now too which is annoying.

The kids did get their own breakfast and Smallest and I played a game of Carcassonne while Small spent too long in the bathroom. Small then painted his 18 wheeler scout lorry (he is painting it like the night sky and is going to call it 'Night Rider' which we think will appeal to the Scouting Geeks) and Smallest varnished his which he has painted in the Engalnd flag (his idea).

I made dinner at lunchtime as we delivered and ate cake much later at Suffolks and the boys made a blanket fort in the Living Room. Despite the fact I warned them to be nice and try not to fight, of course they did. Smallest keeps calling Small fat and he is getting upset about it. I'm upset that they are making me shout as it hurts my throat! I had to have a good talk with them individually and then everyone apologised and we played Catan. The boys played on the Wii before we went out to deliver the cake for L'Suffolk's birthday. Huffle came too but later. There was another couple there with their daughter. It was a good afternoon/night. Suffolk made pizza and salad and I helped the girls make cake pops which when baked were a really odd shape!

The cake was delicious if not a little dense (it was more like a huge brownie) and went down very well. We didn't leave until 9pm and one little boy was very tired.

The weather was rainy all day and we had a freaky storm that was one lightning strike and a huge rumble of thunder that shook the house. Then it was gone.

 

No comments: