Thursday 17 March 2016

Happy St Grandmas Day to be sure

I slept in the loft last night to give Huffle a full nights sleep. I woke up at 3am so very hot (I had gone to sleep in my dressing gown as I had no-one to keep me warm) and it was tied up. I couldn't get it untied and ripped it apart. Oh dear, some essential sewing needed. I slept until 8am after taking the batteries out of the clock (note to self - must buy a quieter clock). Huffle slept well too.

We all did our own thing for most of the morning (except Huffle who had to do work things). Today we were meeting some friends for a cinema trip. We popped to MrBasements house to pick up the scroll sawn things he had done for Small's 18 wheeler. His wife said he enjoyed doing it. We then went to a cafe for lunch. The boys ordered Grilled Cheese and the lady who made them gave them an extra one because the grill had squeezed out a lot of the cheese. Small looked at me and asked "did you tip them, because you need to". The cafe lady said he was a "good kid" and then she quickly changed it to "a very nice young man". As we had some spare time before the cinema (even though we could see a big queue forming) we went to the bank (who charged me $3 to take money out as it wasn't my bank chain) and the bakery where we purchased gingerbread for each child, some cookies, an Eccles cake for Huffle and a Fern Cake for me. We then joined the queue. Our friends passed by in a car complaining they couldn't park and then eventually joined us. We spotted a man dressed as a sheep with a St Paddy hat in the queue ahead and I tried to take his photo without him seeing me.............

I don't think it worked. At the front of the queue a lady came out wearing Pyjamas (Apparantly it was pyjamas day today?!?) saying there were only twelve seats left and none of them were together. We decided to drive 30 minutes away to another cinema. We caught the next showing of Zootopia but had to watch it in 3D. The cinema was quite full but we got some seats together. Unfortunately I had to sit between JuniorMcFidget and Smallest, though Smallest's only fault was his glasses flew off his head and under the seat of the person in front. JuniorMcFidget lost the top to his Coke which was balanced on my seat (far too young to be drinking Coke in, my opinion), had noisy treats which he ate throuought the whole film, had a sister who was a baby who had just learnt to say "oh o" and said it all the the way through, had a mother who looked at her phone constantly and laughed loudly and went "awwwww" and "ahhhhhh" a lot. Apart from that, I liked the film, especially the Sloth - I won't spoil it just in case. We came out before I could see the cast list (love to see who was in the film I just watched - just saying), said our goodbyes and drove home. I always wonder why people want to go to the cinema with other people. I take my kids because they can't go on their own obviously, we chat about it on the way home and maybe do something before or after but why did I meet with another family. They asked if we could do it again and I really like them but why? We didn't do anything before or after and we can't talk during the film. Confused!

On the way home a car on the other side of the road overtook about six cars even though it was a straight road and he could clearly see me and the speed I was doing (just the limit by the way) and he forced us onto the dirt path at the side because he couldn't quite get past everyone. I can only make you imagine how long and hard I honked my horn at that idiot. Unfortunately I didn't have time to get Small to get his number plate. Instead I got this one who did nothing wrong except support a bad football team.

Huffle didn't have time to get anything out of the freezer for me to make dinner so we decided to go out and celebrate Grandmas birthday instead. We Facetimed her to sing Happy Birthday (the boys said she would sing along so they got the cheese ready for their ears. I told them she wouldn't sing for her own birthday but she did). We had a good chat and then went out.

Huffle has been noting to try a Fish and Chip shop here for ages. It has really good ratings on Trip Advisor and everyone raves about it. However, our reaction to it was just 'MEH'. The walls were covered in old tea-towels from around the world, mainly England which were interesting to look at but looked like they needed a good wash. There was no atmosphere, the fish was flat and fishy tasty (I know that seems a weird thing to say but as a vegetarian I don't like fishy tasting or meaty textured fish), the batter was cooked in beef fat (DONT TELL ME THAT!), and the chips were just okay. Huffle had Mushy Peas which he said were good. Smallest hardly ate anything possibly because he had cheese (well I say cheese, can cheese be soft and orange and squeezy) and tiny breadsticks and a gingerbread bunny from the bakery. I don't think we will be returning but at least we know now.

At home, Smallest and Huffle played on the Wii, I soaked my feet (I am having huge problems with my Plantar Fasciitis on the top of my foot which is weird) and helped Small to paint his 18-wheeler. Smallest and I watched TV before bed while Huffle and Small played on the Wii.

 

 

No comments: