Tuesday 29 March 2016

Lettuce and the moon

I'm not happy! Three weeks ago we sent an email requesting that our granite people come and look at our granite again as it was cracking, had holes and was generally not fit for purpose. The lady at Rona said she would contact them. I also contacted MrBasement who came to look and was disgusted by the state of it. He also contacted MrsRona and between them they decided they would all come over to look at it together (MrGranite, MrBasement and MrsRona). However, we were asked if we could wait until after the 26th March because MrsRona had a big kitchen sale to deal with. We said no problem and didn't hassle her at all but did assume (rightly or wrongly) that she would find a date to suit all during this time. Yesterday I sent MrsRona an email saying that I guessed they had a time organised and would be grateful if they could let me know when that was. She obviously hadn't arranged anything as I got an email back saying she would sort it. Then this morning I had a call from MrGranite asking if they could come Thursday afternoon, no time, just in the afternoon. I said yes as I assumed everyone else must be available too. Silly me! Huffle is going in to the office, MrBasement knew nothing about it and MrsRona said (in response to my email telling her they had contacted me) "thanks for letting me know". Honestly! Now I am waiting for a call back from MrBasement who is supposed to be calling MrsRona.............

Happy Easter to me from me X

The weather has warmed up again and the boys went to school in their trainers. I think we have snow forecast and +13* and a storm plus more snow just before Grandma and Grandad arrive. Eeeeekkkk. For gods sake - I just looked out of the window and noticed Otto has got a bloody fire going again. What is wrong with that stupid man?

I went to work this morning and spent the first half of the morning repotting tiny tiny lettuce seedlings, beetroot and dahlias. Jeff bought us cookies as Jan was ill and after coffee I went into the garden and cut back all the bamboo, Persicaria and any grasses left from last year. It was hard work but lovely to be back in the garden properly. I came home with two pots full of lettuce, kale and mustard seedlings.

Some lovelies I uncovered today at work

A quick lunch with Huffle and then I did a food shop and a last birthday shop for Smallest. Three packages came today thank you MrsChappo, Grandma and Aunt Pear.

Back home I put the shopping away, the boys came home and I started on mini muffins for Smallest's class. He requested White Chocolate ones and helped me to make them while Small watched the England match. Smallest said "I wouldn't worry about the muffins because no-one appreciates them. They usually take a bite and spit them out and definitely don't put any icing on or they'll eat the icing and throw the cake away". Ummmmm nice!

After dinner, Huffle took Smallest to football practice and Small and I stayed at home, did some more work on his KubKar and made jellies for tomorrow.

 

 

UPDATE: MrBasement called MrsRona who called MrGranite who is going to call MrsRona when he is on his way here on Thursday, she will then call MrBasement and everyone will arrive at our house at the same time (hopefully). Phew. Also if I want them to replace the granite completely (I can't see how there is any other choice) it will have to come from me and not either of them. Fair enough!.....bit happier now.

 

No comments: