Friday 11 March 2016

No Trespassers!

A beautifully warm sunny day with temperatures of around 10*. When I took the recycling out this morning it was freezing with windchill of -4* but it soon warmed up when the sun came out. It felt like a Spring day again. We are supposed to get 17* tomorrow, oooh lovely. I did send the boys off to school in coats though and boots because it is still muddy on fields (not that they are allowed on the field!, so they say).

I had a slow morning of breakfast, tidying and watching of 'Thirteen' (BBC) before driving off to Suffolks for an interesting lunch of Roasted Butternut, Ginger and Orange soup. After a very quick cup of tea we headed off to the Mall to try and spend my Sears Points. I absolutely hate Sears, I hate the fact that the shop feels like it is stuck in the 70's, the clothes are all displayed in a very non-fashionable way, it is really empty and I always seem to argue with the sales staff. I had $150 to spend before the end of March and I found nothing. The best thing I saw was a huge garden umbrella and a pizza oven!!!! I thought taking Suffolk with me, might inspire me but she hates it in there too so we were useless. Instead we went into the Mall and she showed me the shops that would be suitable to buy clothes from for Small who should be called Tall-with-a-bottom from now on! I managed to get him a pair of joggers plus a couple for me and I found lots of tips that I really like but we didn't really have the time so we tried on some shoes and decided we would come back for a proper shop soon. I dropped her back at home and then came back just as the boys were home.

Poor Small is very concerned about his face and his spots. They have got worse. I found him some Dove Soap and he used that (I wonder if the stuff from the pharmacy is too harsh). I put some antiseptic cream on his very dried bit by his nose. He is going to drink more water and less juice and is going to try and eat more fruit and veg. Unfortunately I don't think he will escape it as I was bad when I was a teenager. Smallest was laughing at him and saying he wa ugly (to be fair he always says this) but I stopped him and said it would probably happen to him too. He started asking me how he could stop it happening. Bless him. I heard him ask Small later if his spots hurt him.

We (Small, Smallest and I) went for an 90 minute walk with ClownRose, Mo and LittleFin. We walked along the train track to the crossing and down a muddy lane, across an incredibly muddy field where Smallest got his boot stuck in the mud and left it there to plant his foot in another muddy hole! We wanted to see the old barn and then realised all the signs around said No Trespassing. We were hoping to get to the railway track again so skirted the muddy field and climbed down the railway verge Nd back along the tracks, blowing seeds form the bull rushes as we went. Wow what an adventure we had. We were all very tired, muddy and hungry by the time we got back.

Dinner was leftovers from the week heated up to make an interesting meal and then Huffle took Small to play a game of Pool. Normally they would be playing football but it has finished. Huffle told him if he went for a walk or did some other exercise he would take him out. Smallest and I stayed behind and played Mastermind.

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Spotty skin also runs in the family. We all saw a dermatologist as teenagers but I still get the bloody things at 40!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Spotty skin also runs in the family. We all saw a dermatologist as teenagers but I still get the bloody things at 40!