Friday 4 March 2016

Everybody doesn't sleep sometimes

Today was the last day for MrBasement and Jim. They finished the grouting, put all the switch covers on, sanded and muddied the dry wall, filled in the hole, siliconed the tile edging, mended the cracks in the drywall in the basement, made the lightswitch look much better in the basement, fixed the stair fronts up to the loft and took out all the filler in the banisters and replaced it with wood. All done now. All their tools have been removed, everything cleaned to the best of everyone's ability (until we start sanding again) and men paid. It seems like it has taken forever to get the kitchen done but it was worth it. It looks lovely. I can't find half of what I put away though.

The boys went to school (nearly missing the bus again due to looking for a tennis ball which ended up on the school roof!?). Smallest had lots of different teachers today and it was fun. Small finally asked his teacher why his score was so low on his report for reading and it was because he doesn't show he understands what he is reading when he writes. He has taken this on board and is now starting to add more details.

Today was Grandad's birthday and Huffle sang to him this morning and then the kids and I sang after school while Small played on the piano. The kids continued to play to him and Grandma and then out came the tuba and then Smallest's recorder. It was a proper birthday concert.

This morning I went off to knitting and met up with some of the old crowd. We were going for lunch afterwards but someone decided to order in sushi (not something I eat, maybe I should try more, maybe one day). I picked up TheEnglishRose as well and we knitted and chatted and laughed and drank coffee. I took her home, picked up some essentials for the weekend and came home. This afternoon I walked with ClownRose and LittleFin around the Hamlet. We saw them again with Mo when they came round later for a glass or two of wine while Smallest and Mo drew and cut out crowns and paper dolls and I got to cuddle with LittleFin who was just like a teddy bear this evening. We had a lovely evening at home while Huffle and Small were footballing. Small scored three goals. Huffle tonight, got asked to do some one on one training with twins from his session before the Summer Season starts. Now that's a good idea. Clever Huffle.

DHL UPDATE: last night I sent an email to DHL with my reference number to their support desk. This morning I had a reply that said that number didn't exist (oh yes it does) and I would need to call them. I checked the website again and it showed my reference number (oh it doesn't exist?) but couldn't tell me when it would be delivered. Mid afternoon DHL arrived at the door. I immediately said "you should have been here yesterday" the driver just shrugged and said 'yeah?' I was so flummoxed by what he said I just signed for my two packages (even though all my messages said I was only getting one package) and allowed the driver to go. When I opened them I realised they were mine and Small's passports (ahhhhh that's why they started their journey from London Heathrow). It was not the package I was expecting for Huffles birthday. Ummmmm I wonder where that is then?

 

 

No comments: