Tuesday 15 March 2016

Little Jazz band

What a terrible night. My throat closed up almost completely possibly not helped by the fact I had spice which I know I am allergic too, combined with the fact I already had a really sore throat, what an idiot. I could hardly breathe in bed. Also the huge amount of roasted garlic and sweet pepper chilli relish upset my tummy and I was running to the loo fairly often. Booooooo Hooooooo. I came downstairs around 2am and had paracetamol and a hot lemon, honey and ginger which helped a lot. I went back to bed and did get some sleep though I know I kept Huffle awake, first of all because he was warming my icy toes and then opening the window when I was burning up.

I could stand it no longer this morning and went straight to the Walk-in doctors. I have never seen it empty and was seen immediately, three swabs taken (gagged each time very apologetically) and told I had Strep (Throat Infection) and 10 days of Abtibiotics given. I was home by 10:30 where I then had breakfast and some hot water. It was a rainy morning and a cool afternoon.

MrBasement came to visit today. He brought his high powered torch and studied the granite. He thinks it is in a disgusting state and there are definite issues with it. He called our lady at Rona (the DIY shop we ordered the granite through) and between them they decided that they would get the granite people here plus MrBasement and MrsRona. This is not going to happen until after the 22nd March so it may be a long process but at least everyone is in agreement that there is an issue. MrBasement also took Small's 18 wheeler Scout Lorry to cut out some shapes for us with his Scroll Saw. He called me later to tell me he had finished it. We will pick it up later in the week.

The boys did a chore for Huffle while I was out and then spent the morning on their gadgets while I snoozed on the sofa. Huffle disappeared into the basement as soon as I was settled and appeared again at lunchtime. This afternoon, the boys and I watched Open Season2 (though I fell asleep and didn't see much of it, Smallest did tell me the whole story though much later).

Smallest got on with painting his Kub Kar and Small read his new Where's Wally book (thank you Grandma). They both went out to play basketball until it turned into a fight and then while Smallest sulked on his room, Small and I played Monolpoly Millionaire.

Late afternoon I started L'Suffolk's cake for her birthday tomorrow. I used a new recipe from my British Bake Off book. It turned out very 'brownie-like' and did crumble a bit but it was delicious. I made an Orio Cookie butter cream for the middle and a chocolate butter cream for the top, added kit kats around the edges and put marshmallows on the top. I made sure everywhere was super clean, I kept washing my hands and I tried not to breathe on it.

The boys practiced piano and Tuba and at one point they played a duet!

 

No comments: