Friday 25 March 2016

Colonial Mustard

There was plenty of wind and freezing rain during the night but luckily for us we didn't lose any power. Plenty of others did lose power though. Everything is once again encased in ice. I went out mid afternoon to have a look. The snow filled garden has a complete layer of ice on top which made it very tricky to walk on and the ice broke as I stepped gingerly on to it. The goal net is all iced, the footballs, the apple tree, the wire fence and even the plants that have the wiggly climbing bits are all iced. It is very beautiful but very strange.

We decided to have a day in, seeing as how our drive is an ice rink and we didn't want to risk it. The boys played on the Wii and then we all played a game of Cluedo (or Clue as it is called here). Small and Huffle chose to guess half way through and got it wrong so Smallest and I carried on. No-one won (unless it was me because I didn't guess at all).

I finished my hat for my sheepy friend and made several pom-poms trying to make one look like a sheep for the top. I finished sewing it all up and blocked it while Huffle Facetimed Grandma and Grandad.

We watched KingFuPanda3 while we ate lunch and finished late afternoon. Mid afternoon we played Hide and Seek in the house. It's amazing where smallest can fit himself!

Smallest and I made pizza and we all ate it whilst watching the end of King fu panda and Ice Age Eggstravaganza. When smallest went to bed, the geeks in the house (Small and Huffle played whe the new Tv box).

Last night we watched Lady in the Van which was excellent and tonight we are watching The Walk.

The sun setting tonight with the iced trees was amazing.


 

 

No comments: