Thursday 7 September 2017

Affirmative Earthlings

I awoke, all by myself, no little people or alarms, at 7:30am and just got up (that's not like me at all, I like to wake slowly and languidly). I made lunches and waved off Small at which point Smallest convinced me he had forgotten his water. Smallest very kindly ran off down the road with a water for him and when he got half way, the bus passed him and Small signalled to him that he had already got it. Smallest came puffing back to me and Small sent me a text saying he had done a hand signal. I immediately thought he meant a rude one and asked if it was to the bus driver or to Smallest. It was neither. Small went off to school and I went off soon after.

Today I drove to the doctors (21km). On Tuesday I called to see if I could get a repeat prescription as I had run out of pills (which I needed for this Friday) and they said if I could get my pharmacist to fax a copy then they might be able to do it. I haven't heard anything so I thought I would show my face and see what they could do. NOTHING was the answer. The doctor might sign prescriptions after his daily appointments (3pm) so they asked me to check back with the pharmacist at 3pm, otherwise I would have to go to the walk-in and get a prescription from whichever doctor is on that evening. So I went to see Suffolk who flew back from England last night after being stopped for not having a current Permanent Residency Card.

I haven't really seen her all Summer so we had a lot to catch up on plus I garden for her so we had future plans to talk. After a long chat and a couple of cups of tea, we decided to go out for lunch. I should have been walking in the forest with NoCustard but the weather looked dubious and between us we postponed until Monday. Suffolk and I had a lovely relaxing chilled out lunch sitting in the sunshine (until it rained) eating falafels and gluten dairy free cake and more tea.

I did a shop while she sorted paperwork and by the time I had finished shopping, it was almost 3pm so I popped back to the pharmacy. NO they had not got a fax from the doctors and all their faxes were up to date, plus even if they did have one for me, they couldn't give it to me because I had a month that hadn't been accounted for. AND YOU COULDNT HAVE TOLD ME THAT WHEN I CALLED ON TUESDAY OR CAME IN THIS MORNING? OMG, sometimes beaucrocy makes me mad!!!!!!! She suggested I went back to talk to the doctors receptionist but when I saw the huge queue I thought, what does it matter now, you won't give me the stuff anyway. Also, and this made me feel quite sad, she spoke to me as though the pills (contraceptive) were for my daughter as if I was too old for contraceptive or should be extremely menopausal by now! Wow! Thanks for that!

During all this time, I had been getting texts from Small regarding a Football Tryout he was attending after school. He tried to tell me where the place was but not knowing the area very well, I struggled and he struggled and in the end I had to call the school and talk to the gym teacher. His directions were 47, North, BartonFarms and a lane. None of it made any sense to me and as he seemed eager to get off the phone I just wrote it all down and hoped for the best. I assumed that Small would go with his fellow teammates but as most do them would live in the area I suppose they would go home and go later or get picked up and dropped off by their parents. Luckily, Small has befriended the cardigan boy in his class who happened to live near the field which we learned by process of elimination from my weird directions and his knowledge.

Eventually I found the field by asking a man tinkering in his garage who pointed me in a vague direction. Small was in the middle of tryouts when a huge heavy rain storm happened with thunder. He did get to play and he has two more practice/tryouts and a tournament next week. He doesn't think there will be any cuts as there were only fifteen boys who turned up. It was very wet and quite hard to see him as I couldn't get out of my car because of the rain.

Back home Huffle had waited for Smallest to get home before trudging back to work. He has had a very bad day today and now has to go into the office tomorrow. Poor Huffle. I didn't really have much time to make dinner so we got some soup out of the freezer that I made last week and had that. The boys made us a lovely Thursday Sundae and we ate it whilst watching TheGreatBritishBakeOff.

Huffle and I filled in the calendar for the next month. BeJesus we are suddenly very busy for the month of September. Football practices, football tryouts, band practice, band performances, football tournaments, pizza party, Kasabian, BlueJays, knitting lessons, piano lessons, crochet lessons, washing machine mendings, parent teacher meeting, Grandma and Grandads arrival, exercise classes, work. WOW!

 

 

No comments: