Wednesday 13 September 2017

My wife's going to hit me!

I hate getting up early. As the North Americans say "it sucks".

Small had a good day at school, finishing with a football practice. He was tired and had more homework. Smallest also had a good day, he received his marks back from his 'inanimate object' and got a B+ which was the highest mark in the class. His map project that he was doing for Health has now turned into French and he has to do a presentation en francais. Ooh la la.

Huffle had another terrible day today. Lots of phone calls, he had to cancel the day off he was planning for my birthday, and the washer man called to say the part was out of stock and wouldn't be delivered for 5-7 weeks. WHAT? That's unacceptable! We have decided we will not pay his bill and we will buy another machine. Honestly!

I went to exercise. I still really hurt from Monday so today was pretty tough. Fun though. We laughed a lot! I came home, showered, grabbed a load of washing and did a quick food shop as we had completely run out of all bread products and milk. Then I headed to Suffolks where I stashed my fridge items away, chopped down her hillyhock with hollyhock rust and walked to lunch with her and Taff. We had a lovely relaxing lunch and chat at the Vegan place again. We were getting quite bothered by wasps as we were sitting outside in the gorgeous sunshine, so the waitress came and gave us a peppermint towel (wet towel from the fridge covered in peppermint essential oils) which seemed to help really well, plus it was nice and cooling for the skin. It seemed to keep some of the wasps away. Might have to try that. She also said citron works really well too. After lunch and a cup of tea, we all walked back. I had set a load of washing going at Suffolks so i sat and folded it, had a cooling glass of water and drove home.

I had just enough time to hang the washing on the line before Smallest came home and we drove off to fetch Small and AL from football practice. I baked some potatoes for dinner and then Huffle and I walked to school for Meet The Teacher night. The usual thing happened; we get in and there are several parents waiting so we look around the class and wait patiently and then a couple of parents come in and barge straight up to the teacher (Paddington'sDad) and start talking. I raised my arms in disgust and luckily, this time, the parent in question asked if he had butted in. YES YOU DID and we got to speak to the teacher. Not that we haven't met him before as he taught Smallest last year and Small previously. Still, he told us Smallest had a great start to the year and his other teachers were happy with him. He said he would have a good year and we spoke about instruments. He has opened up the playing of instruments to the Grade5's and he said none have ever taken him up but we told him Smallest was desperate to play. He will sort it. We walked home and had dinner.

Smallest picture of himself

Otto's 'friend' came to visit early evening. I hope he doesn't stay too long. So far they are very quiet!

 

No comments: