Wednesday 6 September 2017

High Esteem Self Clown*

Another night of interrupted sleep because of being too hot and later, a stinky skunk.

Another morning of getting up early, lunches made, waving off Small and having breakfast before waving Smallest off and going to aerobics.

It was just K1 and I this week with ExerciseNic. A very good workout. Wow, you can tell I've done nothing for eight weeks. Today we pretended we had weights so I know it will get harder once the weights come back. While I was there I got a text to say the washing machine part is out of stock until at least Monday!!!!!

So after my workout, I took three laundry baskets, detergent and softener and dryer sheets, my lunch and a cup of mint/chamomile and ginger tea and headed off to the Coin Operated Laundromat (or launderette as we know it). I prepared myself for the worst as the last time I had been in such an establishment was on The Saff (which if you don't know is not very salubrious). First of all I checked how much the machines were and how much laundry I could get in them. Then I got some change from the very convenient machines located in the place. Carrying one of the laundry bags I deposited as much as I could in one machine, added detergent and softener and money ($2.50) and left it for 25 minutes (wow, ours takes nearly an hour). As that was painless, I filled one of the quadruple machines (very big) with towels and Smallest's bedding and left it for 30 minutes ($5.50) and then put another normal load on with whites. I sat and read my book and drank my tea and half watched the news (a tv in there too). I decided to dry everything a little bit while I was there just to give it a start. I think I ended up paying just under $15 after I bought a laundry bag that 'lasts a while' and yet Huffle broke it by picking out of the car!! All in all it was a good experience except the floor was incredibly dirty (don't drop your washing or sandwiches on the floor!). I might have to go back as I forgot to do my exercise stuff and everyone else's bedding needs doing.

I popped to Staples and bought paper and dividers for Small (and met a lady from Manchester) and then came home and dried the rest of the washing whilst watching TV, swiffing and cleaning the bathroom. I finally got all the washing sorted by the time the kids came home for them to put everything away as their chore. Small had had a better day and his FormRoom/English Teacher spoke slower and was more understandable. He also worked out how to get to his classes on time and what to leave in his locker. He had more homework but it wasn't much and his French homework was to learn how to spell his surname in French which he knows already. Smallest had a good day too and handed in yesterday's articles. *A boy in Smallest's class, when asked a rule of being in class, said 'don't be a high self esteem class clown' (this is a nine year old). Apparently the teacher said "says you!" (Or words to that effect).

Late afternoon I had a crochet class with 'Flamingo'. It went really well. She is 8 years old and this is only her second lesson. She did a really good job. She wants to make a purse with a pocket and I have taught her to do a slip knot and make a chain which she has made into two necklaces. Hopefully she can do the chains when she gets stuck on her purse. For now she will come to me every other week. I enjoy it, she's a nice girl.

This evening Huffle took us out for dinner at our nearly local pub and I got to try something new on the menu called No Meat Here which was a wrap filled with pesto, sundried tomatoes, red peppers and portobello mushroom. It was nice but gave me terrible tummy ache later (or something did). We took our game of Wizard and tried to finish it from yesterday but didn't get to the end so we finished it when we got home and I won (that's a first I'm sure).

Huffle and I spent a long time trying to sort out Small's phone and now his texts are working correctly. He text me to earlier today to tell me he was trying out for the school football team after school tomorrow.

No comments: