Saturday 23 September 2017

Bags of Smells

I can't wait for the weekend. Oh it's here. It's so bl00min' hot. 32* (feels like 37*) with heat warnings. PHEW!

The boys (all three of them) watched Stoke v Chelsea lose (meh not a bad game says Huffle). I sat upstairs and knitted and watched two episodes of The Handmaids Tale (oh my goodness. What a series).

Leicester v Liverpool was on the TV (very good game but unfortunately they lost says Huffle though I think the unfortunately bit was my word not his). I had a quick sandwich and left all the boys still watching Leicester and playing on their tablets, while I walked in the sweltering heat to a ThirtyOne party in the Hamlet, hosted by 'Spider'. I hadn't heard of this before but it was a storage and bag party. Plus there was a lady selling handmade soaps and body butters.

I haven't, as yet, ordered anything, but I will. I have my eye on a nice slouchy bag for me as I owe myself a birthday present from last year. I could have bought lots and lots but I can't justify all that money at the moment. Suffolk should have gone too but she wasn't feeling too well. I bought a couple of soaps for Christmas. I stayed for about three hours and then walked home. It was hotter which is crazy.

The boys were waiting for me and wanted to go out. They had tidied and downloaded some ring tones for Small's phone and chosen some photos to update their frames in their bedrooms. Huffle and I started moving stuff ready for Grandma and Grandad. We have a different plan for this visit and it involves Small and us moving. A bit of a palaver but we think it will be worth it. Smallest was measured today and he was 140cm which is the same as Small when he was 8 1/2. At first I thought WOW he's going to be taller than Small!!!! Then I realised my mistake. I don't think anyone is going to be taller than Small. Thank goodness, we'd have to move to a house with raised ceilings!

We went out and printed the photos, bought Small some birthday presents and a new lunch bag and then went and got some dinner out. It wasn't very busy so we didn't manage a whole game of cards today. Supplies were picked up from the supermarket before coming home and doing our own thing for an hour before sitting down with an ice cream bar and watching XFactor. Grandad told us there was no-one rubbish on anymore. We beg to differ!

Bedtime for boys and Huffle and I watched KingArthur:LegendOfTheSword.

No comments: