Friday 15 September 2017

Is he a frequent pee'er

Small was up and out of bed for 6am for a football tournament with his school team. His friend (AL) picked him up so I got to stay in bed for another hour or so. I packed his lunch the night before and he put several bottles of water in the fridge to cool. In the tournament they lost all four games. They played at 8am (6-0), 9am (4-0), 11am (9-0) and 2pm (6-0). I got there in time to chat to the team while they watched the Seniors play and then watch the 11am and 2pm games. The team were surprisingly upbeat about their defeats and just happy they were playing. It wasn't great to watch though.

After their 11am game, I took AL, his mum and Small for Gelato by the lake. AL had never had Gelato before and wanted to go to DairyQueen instead. In fact we went afterwards to get chicken fingers! They didn't appreciate the fineness of the Gelato! Back at the fields, Small wasn't feeling too well, (too much sun) so he had a lie down before the last game. The coach offered them ice cream to not let anymore goals in and they did just that in the second half and got their treats.

Small and I came home. AL is so mean to his mum and won't speak to her when we are around. Small is so lovely (most of the time) and tells me to come and sit with him, texts me to tell me what he's doing and isn't embarrassed by me talking to his friends. I realise it might not be like that forever but for now, it's good.

Small got on with his shower, homework and dinner while I packed a bag for him to go to AL's cottage for the weekend. They are going to swim, fish and boat and he left around 7pm for a two hour drive.

Huffle and I had a lovely FaceTime with HB, GP and the smelly cat.

Awwwww
Ahhhhhhhh

 

No comments: