Friday 8 September 2017

You lucky stinker!

Huffle went in to the office. I thought it was because he was so busy yesterday but actually it was to meet up with colleagues and have a nice lunch, plus do lots of work (ha! He says!).

Small went to school and found out he now has Band Practice every Thursday after school. It is getting increasingly difficult for me to plan anything I want to do as everytime I move things to accommodate him, he has something else to do and we haven't even got the football schedules for either of the boys yet!

Smallest went to school. His homework was to print off a map of a place he knows and can talk about. He chose TheVillage and printed a map and we sat and chatted about where things were. He printed off photos of our old house, the school, the surgery, the church, the shop and the post office. We spent ages talking about where we used to walk and what we did there. Awwwwww such a lovely village. Miss it.

Waiting for the bus with Smallest and the flowers in the garden
He likes to throw cedar seeds at me!
Homework

I went off to knitting, not at the normal place but at Cherry's house. We had a nice chat, knit and coffee. I did manage to do a heel on a sock which is good considering you need to concentrate (well I do). ShopKeeperEl followed me home to get some courgettes.

I had a nice lunch and watched the first episode of Handmaids Tale. The house was so quiet and peaceful and tidy. I made two Courgette cakes, one lemon and one chocolate and then went for a long walk around the Hamlet. I popped into the school to say hello, change my contact number and spoke to the Principal. Yesterday she sent home a form for me to get a PoliceCheck which I have already done but she can't find it. Getting a police check for me means the police have to check my UK records (as well as here) which invariably takes longer. Anyway, I have to get one because they lost my last one but when I said 'well just bear in mind if you want me to drive somewhere, I may not be able to do it......'. Somehow they have found a way around it while I get my check. Cheeky!

My walk took me to the bus stop as Small arrived which was nice as we walked home together chatting about our day. Smallest came home not too much after and both boys went and got on with their homework.

My walk
Wildflowers and silos on my walk

This evening we went back to our old football club (shriek) for an indoor practice followed by a pizza party. Smallest ended up in goal for penalties at the end, ruining his clean record for England's No1. The practice went on far too long and the pizza party did too. We finally got away at 9pm. One more practice, Sundays finished (hurrah) and three try outs due. Yay some free time back again.

The Team

On the way home the boys were in high spirits and there was arguing and a poke and a little one crying. Lots of shouting from me and sendings to shower/bed. They will have multiple chores to do tomorrow (Huffle says).

Throw Back. 2 and 8 years ago
Throw back. Smallest first day at school 6 years ago.

 

 

No comments: