Friday 29 September 2017

You could feed the Third World with the biscuit crumbs HE makes

Sleeping in the new bed last night was interesting. It squeaked when we both got in and I moved, but only on Huffle's side. If I was in by myself, it didn't squeak. I'm wondering if a screw needs securing. It wasn't as bad as first thought though I did keep Huffle awake by snoring but I blame him because he has a cold and invariably has given it to me! I felt like the mattress was a little too firm but I suppose that won't hurt me, just take a little getting used to.

What I can't get used to, is which room I am in. I rushed up the stairs and straight into my bedroom and realised I wasn't in there. Went into the bathroom and came out straight into Small's room. NO Wrong again. I got changed while Huffle was at his desk on a call. I did notice his eyes didn't wander from his screen, then again he's not very observant so I could probably have pranced around naked with tassels and he still would have continued his call! Ha!

The boys went to school. Tall one with wellies for a science pond lesson finding creatures. He went in the pouring rain and found a water spider and a snail! Smallest should have been running the Terry Fox Run but it was cancelled due to rain also. He was going to run for Stuvy because he eats haggis (I don't know who or why or what!), he later told me he was running for AuntPear. He will be continuing on Thursday.

Huffle had a tough day at work. Grandad stayed at home and played in the barn sorting gloves and plant pots (I'm 'appy maarg) and he put up Small's birdbox up on the top of the barn and Smallest's on a post in the side garden. When we left he was doing a crossword and when we came back he was wet! He had been caught in the rain, thunder and lightning.

Grandma and I went birthday cake topping shopping and came home with a huge bag of goodies. I bought Grandma and Moo a Christmas present and Small a birthday present and Grandma bought me a birthday present. We got caught in the rain too and got soaked and bored and hungry. Our options for lunch or a cup of tea were limited and we ended up in the College where we had a lovely bowl of Asparagus and Spinach soup and a not so lovely cup of tea. We ended our adventure with a supermarket shop and came home. There was an accident which diverted our journey slightly. I'm not surprised there has been an awful lot of rain falling today and the roads are quite slippy.

One boy was home and started his homework (not too much today) and the other wasn't far behind. Grandma and I stopped for a quick cup of tea and then we made dinner. Two different quiches, jacket potatoes and Grandma's red coleslaw and salad.

Grandad disappeared for a shower and when he came downstairs he said "We've been on the bed wriggling and jiggling". At first I thought he meant Smallest and him were messing about but it was actually Huffle and Grandad and they were trying to check for the squeak. They haven't solved it but maybe made it slightly better. Grandad and Smallest played table tennis (Small beat him twice) and Table Football (smallest won again).

After dinner, we discussed some options for what to do for Small's birthday on Sunday. He has decided he wants to go to Toronto and go onto Centre Island and maybe go on a boat tour. We all played Newmarket and Small won.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THand Smallest for thinking of me in his run, bless him xx