Thursday 14 September 2017

Moppity

4am nosebleed from Smallest. I couldn't open my eyes as Huffle and I had to clear up a trail of blood dots, stop his nose and clean him up. Bless him. He is fine now. At 4am I find that is a fabulous time for thinking, when you should be sleeping, making for a very tired pair of parents in the morning. When Small woke me at 7:30am I felt like it was the middle of the night.

I managed to get Small's lunch and packed him off for the day. He had Band for the first time since moving schools and they have given him a brand new Tuba with four valves instead of three so he has some learning to do. He liked his music teacher and there is a Grade9 lunch planned so everyone can get to know each other. Smallest was also tired but his nose was okay. He had another Maths assessment and this time he thinks he did okay but it was much harder.

Huffle had a 'not bad' day and our new washer has been ordered and will be delivered on Tuesday (fingers crossed). We ended up going for the same make but slightly better. We got on fine with the one we had until it broke and we have been informed that five years is pretty much the most you'll get out of a machine!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HB. HOPE YOU HAD A LOVELY DAY and they didn't leave you at the zoo with the other monkeys.

Grandad has his trip to Benidorm today with his friends. Hope he is well behaved. I'm glad he has some time in between him getting home and coming here. A time to detox maybe.

I went shopping at Costco for bread and meat and spent most of my time telling people how rude they were when they didn't say thank you (tired and grumpy) and popped to a soft furnishing shop to look at outside cushions and although they had 40% off, they had no prices on anything. I got fed up and left in the end. I then went to the Pet Shop to get new filter cartridges for the fish but had trouble finding the one I needed. I asked for help and was just smiled at a lot, probably because of my accent, normally people get this look on their face of bemusement. While I was in there a lady's dog licked my leg. Don't get me wrong, I like dogs but please, ask me before you lick me! Wow I was really grumpy!! Ha!

Back home Huffle and I had lunch and watched silliness on the IPad (CoachTrip) whilst sorting bread products for the freezer. This afternoon I took all of our bedding to the launderette and washed a small amount of bits and bobs and then I went across to the Thrifty Store and picked up some books for the kids. By the time I had finished perusing, the washing was done. The bedding hadn't spun very well (maybe too much in one load) so I hung some on the line when I got back and put another load in the dryer and then went off to get Small from Band Practice.

Today has been another scorching hot day and I sat in the car with the windows down reading my book while I waited for him. I was probably there about half an hour and a lady sat in the car next to me with her engine running and air conditioning on. That annoyed me and I shouted a few times about the environment but she couldn't hear because she had her radio on. Poor Grumpy Famfa!

Smallest was already home by the time we got back and had read through my list of things to do (bag, piano, homework) and was playing on his tablet.

We all had dinner and heard about the kids' days. While the boys played goalie in the kitchen, Huffle and I harvested vegetables, wandered around the garden and finally sat in the garden as the sun went down.

Today I bought myself a new mop and bucket - living the dream - so I mopped the downstairs floors. It's fabulous. You can wash the mop head in the washer (if you have one) and the bucket has a pedal which spins so the head gets tossed like a salad and isn't wringing wet. Ooh I bet Grandma will want to use it.

 

 

 

No comments: