Wednesday 27 September 2017

Easter's coming back with ice balls?

Today was the last of the hot hot warm weather that we have been enduring over the last week or so. Although it was quite hot and humid this morning and some of the afternoon. Then we had rain and wind and it cooled it right down. This evening, Huffle turned off the air con and out came the socks and slippers.

Small went to school expecting to go out for lunch with his friend but his friend forgot so he went to the cafeteria instead. He said it was really good and cheap. He had Macaroni Cheese and a Muffin. Smallest said nothing happened today apart from a boy wet his pants and tried to stab another one with a pencil!

Huffle worked very hard and was a little grumpy, especially when he tried to leave to collect Grandma and Grandad and people kept calling him. There were lots of swears uttered!

I went to excercise and took MrsM with me (well she picked me up and drove me home so she knew where to go). It was really warm in there today and we did a very toned down session, ExerciseNic was brilliant with MrsM as she is not very mobile. I managed 10 press-ups today (well eight in one go and then two after). MrsM said she will go next week and paid already.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning bathrooms, changing bedding, washing, mopping, sweeping and making soup. Huffle and I had lunch and watched an Undateables.

With everyone's stuff moved to the appropriate rooms and the house clean, I had my shower and waited for the boys to come home. Huffle went off to get Grandma and Grandad who came through customs really quickly due to a new system in place. Small did homework and Smallest had an early dinner while I gave a crochet lesson to 'Flamingo'. She is getting on very well with her chains but is struggling with the rows. We are trying to think of what she can do with her huge long chains.

Smallest had his last try-out for his team tonight and I had to take him, so Small came with me to keep me company. I'm glad he did because just as we got on the last road before the football field, we ran over a bolt in the road and got a puncture in the back tyre. We clunked up the road and we managed to park the car. As soon as we got out the tyre was hissing and we saw what was stuck in it. I called Huffle and Grandad answered because Huffle was driving. "Welcome, I have had a problem". We decided I should call CAA (Canada Automobile Assistance) who came out an hour later and fixed it within minutes and blew my other tyres up. I didn't know you could fix a tyre but he explained what he did and said it will last as long as my tyre lasts, ie until it goes bald. Just $20 too! We got to watch the end of the tryout and then came home. Luckily it didn't happen on the big Toll Road we were on shortly before.

Grandma and Grandad were home and Grandad was just emptying his case full of our goodies.

Just to prove everyone is the same height
.......or perhaps not!
Puzzle, tee shirts, caps, magazines, curtains, Percy pigs, jellies, Angel delights
Comics, tea bags, golf shoes, chocolate, lemon curd, biscuits, seeds

Smallest has to wake up Small tomorrow but needs to remember he is in the loft. Small needs to wake me but has to remember I am in his room. Could be interesting.

 

No comments: