Wednesday 20 September 2017

The fact is I'm not drunk

That's it. Air-con's on. Too hot, going to get hotter. Ridiculous weather.

Small was told his Gym/Soccer Coach wanted to speak to him about quitting the team. Small said (to me) he'll have to find me then because I don't know where to find him. Apparently they now don't have enough players for the tournament so they have entered as a Senior Team and have merged the junior and senior teams together. Whoops. I had a text from Small while he was in his Science class to say "I thought science lab was going to be fun. It's not (grumpy emoji)". Then another that said "she said we would use fire. It was a candle. (Grumpy emoji)". Oh dear, poor Small. It's still early days! He had homework but not too much. Smallest got into the school football team and is very happy. He also had homework, just a bit of maths.

Huffle was busy today and had to catch up on yesterday's work from sorting the washer. I went to my group exercise class where it was even hotter than my Monday class. ExerciseNic toned it down a bit for us. Still tough, very funny. We had a discussion on Swede (Rutabega) and Turnip. Some people don't know the difference and swedes are called turnips and rutabagas and who knows what else. It's a bl00dy Swede!!!

I came home and FaceTimed Moo "how was Jamiroquai?" she asked. You mean Kasabian. Oh yes that's right. Silly Moo. After we put the world to rights, I went shopping where a man asked me about shopping for a month. I think he was saying I had a lot of shopping but I was getting extra stuff in for Grandma and Grandad and besides, what's it got to do with you, Man with one loaf of bread and a tin of beans?

Huffle and I put the shopping away and had lunch and he went back to work. I had a nice cooling shower and then sat outside on the porch and did some knitting until the boys came home. We chatted about school and they did their homework.

I made a start on dinner and had a knitting class with 'Horse'. It went well. I taught her how to purl and to do stocking stitch. She got it straight away. We had decided to make a dishcloth next time so I can explain how to follow a pattern. We think we are doing a horse as she rides. Her mum is going to get some cotton.

I finished dinner and we all ate. Smallest got a tummy ache and couldn't finish so went outside to sit in the cooler part of the garden whilst watching something on his tablet. Small and Huffle cleared the table and kitchen and made a playlist for Small's phone and I sat on the porch. How is outside cooler than our house? Crazy. Still, the air con will cool it all down soon. Better for sleeping in anyway.

 

No comments: