Thursday 26 October 2017

A quest, a test and a presentation

We think we slept better but we both had to get up before 7:30am. Huffle had to go into the office today and had a meeting and a lunch out with the boss. He was out of the house all day.

Small went to school and had a Quest (test quiz in Maths), his test in science was postponed and he did his English Presentation. All went well. In science they are starting Chemistry tomorrow.

Smallest went to school and the bus broke down on the way. It had to go a different way due to the building of the school and it didn't quite make it. They got there eventually and in time for the assembley that I went to (and nearly forgot and had to quickly eat my breakfast to get there). Today's assembley had the awards for the Football Tournament. All the team got their medals (which Smallest noted was the same as the bronze one they got last year even though it was a gold!) and the school received their much needed pennant to hang in the gym. We think the last one they won was when Small was in the football team five years ago.

I thought a day all to myself was going to be lovely but it was a very 'meh' day. I had every intention of doing some sewing and getting the last blind done but Huffle had downloaded my photos and all instructions were on the computer. I tried to send them to my iPad but I crashed the computer. I got the material out for the blind and realised the lining was cut too short and I didn't have enough to cut another one and that's when I put it all in a bag and gave up! Plus I left the crashed computer! However I did tidy the loft which definitely needed doing as there is wool, needles and sewing stuff everywhere. Looks much better and I can find things now. My sewing machine is sitting on an empty table waiting for me to use it. Ha ha!

I also watched an episode and a half of Handmaids Tale (mainly filmed in Toronto) with my lunch and vacuumed downstairs, moving furniture and then cleaned out both fish. I potatoes in the oven for dinner later which Smallest ate as soon as he came home from school because we had Meet the Teacher and Football Gym Practice.

Meet the Teacher was me meeting his two new teachers. Both were very happy with him. One of them (biscuit) said he was very sweet and always putting his hand up and the other (can't think of a name for her yet) said he excelled in everything and was a very athletic, team player (she is helping out with the cricket try outs). I had two issues with the second Teacher and wasn't going to say anything but ExerciseNic persuaded me to because one of the mums was discussing the same thing. So....I said that Smallest (who left the classroom before I approached her) was concerned that they were not playing ANY sports in Gym, to which she said that they would at some point, but at the moment they were concentrating of playing together as a team (which she knew Smallest didn't need to learn but a lot of them in the class did). My other concern was that today and a previous day, Gym was cancelled due to the classroom being untidy. Now I know my little bear can be an untidy boy at times and we call him the squirrel, but I know that he tries really hard at school to be organised and always keeps his desk clean and tidy. She did say it wasn't him that was the problem and that she needed to address the individuals that were causing the problems and that in the future she would not be stopping gym lessons. (That may have been something to do with the fact that the mum who spoke before me was a teacher and may have mentioned that Gym is on the curriculum and she can't actually ban it!!!). Anyway, I came away from there feeling better and I have now met both teachers and they are both full of praise for Smallest and he is doing really well. He is happy I spoke about the issue but didn't want me to say anything at first. At least it's sorted now and I signed up for 'remind' so I know what's going on workwise now.

Huffle and I took Smallest to his GymFootball and we weren't allowed to stay as the gym was a tiny place where only the players and one coach could fit, so went off to HomeDepot instead and bought some wood to fix the mailbox and got some beer from the Beer Store. The traffic was really bad and that's all the time we had before we had to pick him up again. He was very tired and red in the face. He had to do a lot of exercises, one of which was a chair squat against a wall for four minutes. OUCH!

Huffle could not resist a cuddle with a bear
Who cuddled him back. Just after this, a little Chinese boy ran at ten ear and almost knocked him over much to the outcry of his mother. We found it very funny.

At home Small had cleared up from dinner, filled the dishwasher and put it on and was playing on his tablet after finishing his homework. Smallest had a soothing hot bath before bed and Huffle sorted out the TV's.

 

 

No comments: