Wednesday 25 October 2017

Oooooooh x 2

Why do skunks need to be so smelly? Why all of a sudden, are we getting problems with skunks? How come I read the other day that you can't smell during your sleep and yet skunk smells wake us up too often? Neither of us slept. It was too warm so we opened a window. It was too windy so we closed one window and opened another. A skunk skunked under our open window and we had to shut it and put the fan on. Huffle says we need to get a coyote to scare them away! Arrrrgggghhhhh need sleep!

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is wonder what day it is and when I know, I then work out what it is I am doing that day. That's if I wake up before Small comes and wakes me, which this morning didn't happen because I was fast asleep and definitely NOT ready to get up.

Small had a six hour Band day today. He did some lessons, some Band and then went back in the evening for a concert. He came home from school on the bus as usual, did his homework that was needed and him and I went back to school at 6:30 for the concert. He is the only student from TheHamletSchool to be in Junior Band. I am very proud of him and asked if he thought he would carry on next year. He said definitely. I told him PaddingtonsDad would be proud of him and he said "well he did give me the music award". That's true. The band played exceptionally well and there was a solo guitar piece, a solo piano (own composition) and a singer. Junior band did four tunes and the senior band finished with four too. The Jazz Band did a couple of numbers in between. Everyone did really well.

Smallest had good day at school and at 7:30pm until 9pm had a football practice. Too late, still not happy! Huffle went with him. It was in the dome and I got texts to say it was freezing!

MrsM came and collected me for Excpercise this morning. She turned the seat warmers on for me. It was a cool start to the day but it got much better and was very sunny for the rest of the day. Exercise was tough on my heavy hurting legs.

Mid-morning I made a Leek and Potato Soup and attempted to make finger rolls making the dough in the bread machine. It didn't work very well because the butter didn't mix and it was just a melty greasy mess. I managed to make some but they were a cross between breadsticks and scones. Went well with the soup and I had enough for the freezer for another day.

Huffle and I had lunch and I then made Ninjabread men with my new cutters from MrsChappo. They turned out really well and the boys were very happy to try them when they got home.

Late afternoon, after the kids were home, I gave MissHorse a knitting lesson. She is doing so well with her dishcloth that I decided to let her get on with it by herself (seems to silly for me to sit and watch her) and taught her seed stitch and rib (well the rib she did by accident on her own). We are going to find a pattern for a mouse or rabbit or something small for her to try.

After dinner we all went off our separate ways, football and Band. Tired!

 

No comments: