Tuesday 24 October 2017

Non-breathing meringues

Another terrible night's sleep. Partly due to the fact that it was windy and rainy, and for me, too much on my mind (nothing worryingly, just stuff!).

Despite the rain, today's sky was gorgeous. So deep bright blue. Apparently the October skies are just the best here. Weirdly, at work (just 7km away) the sky was cloudless but at home it was really cloudy!

The boys went to school. Smallest had two tests back. Science 30/30 and Maths 28/30 and he said it was just silly mistakes because he forgot to read over! Excellent job, well done Smallest. Small went to his friend's house (MrSpock) after school and although they were supposed to be doing homework and THEN 'hanging out', they only played on the XBox. He didn't have too much homework though and did it when he got home. I had to go and pick him up and briefly met Grandma, Sister and dog. He had fun.

I left Huffle working and went to work myself where it was D's birthday. Jan and I worked with MrsM cutting back, digging up and emptying containers that got hit by last night's frost which appeared much harsher than any we got here. Coffee break was Birthday cake time and we had a decadent salted caramel chocolate cake.

I came home with some edging, a fuschia which is exactly like the one we had outside our back door in TheVillage (we can't over winter them here so we are going to try and keep it as a houseplant during the winter) and another summer/houseplant.

A family of carrots

Huffle and I had lunch together (Tuesday Egg Sandwich day) and watched a TravelMan (love it, love RichardAyoade) and then he disappeared back to work. I FaceTimed Moo and made dinner for later. I made turkey meatballs, cannellini bean balls and a tomato sauce. My balls were too dry and should have sat in tomato sauce for a long time but I had to go and fetch Small.

This afternoon I mainly sorted washing and put away towels and bedding, washed and remade Smallest's bed and messed with dinner. I should have been planting bulbs but I got annoyed when one of the packets I bought said it was indoor only and only one bloom EVER! Rubbish. I'm taking them back, what a con!

Smallest came home and vacuumed for his chore, practised piano, put away his clothes and played on his tablet. I fetched Small, leaving Huffle to finish dinner and Smallest to set the table. After dinner, Small homeworked, Huffle sorted the TV's and Smallest and I played two games of Carcassonne (we won one each).

Not liking his gift from MrsM. A mini Cabbage

Later Huffle and Smallest played FIFA, Small played on his tablet and I crocheted. This evening I made a Banana Loaf, just because I could.

 

 

No comments: