Tuesday 3 October 2017

Do you like him now?

Terrible night's sleep. I don't know if it was because Huffle wasn't there (dirty stop outs - him and Grandad) but I kept falling asleep and waking up. However, I did not hear him stealthily creeping into bed at goodness knows what time. They both had a good time anyway.

I did not want to get up this morning and my eyes were tight shut. Still I had to get Small's lunch and see Smallest off on the bus (though I delegated the Smallest's departure to Grandma while I got ready for work).

Work was with MrsM and Jan and we deadheaded various plants, planted Colchicums, watered all the pots and filled the pond, buried a dead frog we found in the pond, dug up some lovely purple skinned purple fleshed potatoes which we shared out. The frost had taken out the Courgette and Beans so we got rid of them and repotted a fig. After coffee and Courgette loaf, we cleared some weeds from the drive. It was a beautiful day with a fabulously October blue sky.

Back home we all had lunch and I took Grandad to Rona to get some wood and a bracket and Grandma and I went to the supermarket to buy food and alcohol. Wahoo, our supermarket finally has alcohol. No longer do we have to make a separate trip unless we need hard liquor which we don't really drink. Yay! We came back with Grandad squashed under two large pieces of wood which was also protecting the eggs! Today Grandad stuffed a glove in the wasps nest bird house so he could secure a new perch. The wasps were not happy! He fitted the new bracket and chopped several dead limbs off one of the overhanging trees as they were dangerously rotten. The barn is now fixed and inside it is beautifully (Grandads view) organised. The raspberries are all cut down and secured.

This afternoon Grandma and I made dinner and we used our new purple potatoes which stayed purple after steaming. In case Grandad forgets.......they were fingerling! Small had homework for English which was explaining and dissecting a song. Him and 'CaptSpock' chose a muppets song. He might have to sing it to the class!!

We all played FiveKings and although we didn't finish it, I am in fact the winner. The leader. The finalist. The Queen. We will finish it tomorrow.

No comments: