Saturday 7 October 2017

My Fire rhythms are all over the place *

A lie-in for all. Smallest and I watched Robots first thing waiting for everyone else to get up. He finished it just before he went to bed this evening. This was Small's favourite film since he was about two and Santa gave him Rodney Cooperbottom and Fender (which he still has) when he gave up his dummy. When he caught the end of it this evening he said he had forgotten most of it. Ahhhhhhhhh.

We had a waffle breakfast which wasn't ready until after 10 so it was brunch really. We decided to leave the boys at home (they were given the task of clearing the table and kitchen) and took Grandma and Grandad to JohnsGarden where there was a 50% sale. It rained while we were there and he brought us umbrellas. We purchased two Viburnums (we had to buy two to make sure the berries would form. We got All that glitters and all that glows) two buddlehas, a pale blue and a white, a whitey Pink hibiscus, red monarda, pale coloured honeysuckle, colacasia and we got two cannas for free. We carried on to another plant place that boasted Ontario natives and we bought a helenium, thalectrum, hyssop, and another one we forgot the name of.

We came home and had lunch with the boys who had played on their tablets all the time we were gone. Then we played Wizard. Grandma won. She is the Queen today. Smallest came second.

The boys played football until Small felt funny! Grandma and Smallest made scones. Grandad chopped things and planted some day lillies and Huffle and I moved and planted many grasses and some of the new stuff we bought today.

Everyone had a bit of a relax and then we tried to book a table at two different restaurants but failed. Possibly due to it being a Saturday night and also Thanksgiving weekend. In the end we went to the chippy and brought some half price donuts home for later.

On the way home Huffle, with Grandma and Smallest in his car, had to stop because of a suspected puncture. I nearly stopped and went to check on them but I didn't. Wish I had because we got almost home (20km ish) and Huffle called us and said there was a funny banging noise and he had to stop. He had called the CAA and they were 90 minutes away. He wanted me to come and collect Grandma and Smallest and take them home. We drove back to them and Grandad got in the car to see if he could tell what the noise was but it had disappeared. I filled up with petrol and then when Huffle had cancelled the call to CAA, I followed him home. All was well. Weird!

We watched TV, the boys went to bed and then the grown ups watched ReAlive. Grandma had to leave halfway through to go to bed. What a strange film. Two of the main actors - one was the granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin and the other was Albert in Victoria.

I have been very clumsy today. I got soaked by a rain filled canopy and then fell over the heavy duty wire holding it up scraping my leg which Small then kicked by mistake later. I bumped my head whilst gardening and then again on the car door as I got out! I stubbed my toe and Huffle hit me with the clothes horse. I asked if it was a full moon and Grandma said maybe my biorhythms were out. Smallest asked what fire rhythms were!

No comments: