Monday 2 October 2017

High-waisted-denim-clad-floydians

Last night was the first night that Huffle and I slept right through. Could have done with an extra hour or two but it's a start. The new bed is really comfy and with the added blanket (it was cold last night) it was cosy.

Small got up late despite Smallest waking him, he thinks he went back to sleep and continued his dream. He went to the pond again today for science and they caught many more things, mainly nymphs and nearly a frog. Smallest went to school, had a football practice and scored a goal (that's $2 Grandad).

Huffle worked hard and I didn't see him much. Grandad pottered around doing a bit of this and a bit of that. He wasn't very happy when he removed the perch from one of the bird boxes to find it had a wasps nest in it. I thought we told him but he said they were fighting with him. Probably because he took their perch away! Grandma bought (from the UK) some curtains for Smallest and today she sewed them to make them fit. They look really good and he is very pleased with them.

I went to my one on one exercise class. I wasn't feeling 100% so it was tough but good. I managed eight push ups without stopping (a new record for me who couldn't do any last year) and we did lots of variation planks and weight exercises. OUCH! When I got back one of our huge pictures fell off the wall making a very big mess, glass and wood everywhere. I think the wire or string broke!

I took grandma and Grandad to the Mall where Grandad changed some currency and we bought some SR Flour. We then carried on to HomeDepot for wood and barn brackets before coming home for lunch. I then went off to the forest and walked with NoCustard and ScotJ and two of their friends. It was lovely in there today, not too warm and not too cold. We walked for just over an hour and did about 6,000 steps.

Back home I showered, had a quick tidy up and waited for the boys to finish school. Small had homework and disappeared with his cake that he didn't eat at school because I forgot to give him a fork!!!!! What a terrible mother I am! Smallest ate his because he put his own fork in. Clever!

MrsPiano came and did Lessons. Smallest has two weeks to perfect his Harry Potter piece as she won't be here next week as it's Thanksgiving.

This evening Huffle took Grandad out to Toronto for last year's Christmas present. They went to see Roger Waters.

Grandma and I stayed at home and I took the boys to Cubs. Smallest is a cub and Small is volunteering to help them out and get his High School community hours.

 

No comments: