Wednesday 4 October 2017

Frankie Fib and Barry Blab

It's my Birthday and I'll eat cake if I want to.

Small shouted Happy Birthday as I came down this morning and gave me a lovely hug. Smallest followed with another lovely hug, telling me to have a lovely day. Both boys went off to school. I had my breakfast on the porch waiting while Smallest went on the bus.

Huffle had a very long tough day and I saw him briefly on and off for cups of tea and lunch. Him and Grandma were also busy making me a Crocque-en-bouche as my birthday cake which was presented to me later.

I went to exercise and was driven by MrsM. We had a laugh and worked hard, despite the high humidity today. Back home, profiteroles were being piped onto a baking tray. I FaceTimed Moo and opened her presents. She forgot what she bought me so we were both surprised. I got a t-shirt, scarf, jelly babies, hand cream, knickers and a drawing book. Lovely. I hadn't opened any other presents or cards at that point because I wanted to wait for the boys.

After lunch I opened Grandma and Grandads presents. I got a Leicester City Cap, Mug and keyring and some lovely warm pj bottoms. I got to cut down some stuff in the garden while Grandad cut some wood, painted it and fitted it to the sun room doors for added weatherproofing and raccoon proofing. It looks good. He also sealed all the cracks and added another piece of wood where the rain was getting in.

Grandma and I sat on the porch and waited for Small to get home. He had lots of homework again. He did his muppets thing and didn't have to sing it. He thinks it went well. Smallest came home and helped Grandma to make the cream for the profiteroles.

MissHorse came and we had a knitting lesson. I printed her a pattern of a horse dishcloth and showed her how to read it and how to change mid way from a knit to a purl and back again. She had a practice and then we stared her pattern. She did several rows before her mum came to collect her. I think she will do well and I'm looking forward to seeing how she gets on. We have plans to make our own patterns for the future.

Grandma, Smallest and Huffle finished the croque-en-bouche and we sat at the table and everyone sang happy birthday and we all had a small sampling. Yum yum, very nice. I opened the rest of my cards and presents from Huffle and the boys. Two big lovely plants (hydrangea and callicarpa) Blue tooth wireless headphones, a smart watch and a garden seat/kneeler. Fabulous presents. Plus I got some money to spend on ME from Aunt Pear.

Huffle and I went out this evening leaving the boys looking after the Olds. Huffle and I went to B67 which is a restaurant aattached to the college where food is grown and goes directly to the kitchen which is manned by professionals and learning chefs. The food is spectacular and the service excellent. Our waitress recognised me from when Grandma and I went in for a take away soup last week when it was raining. She was very attentive, liked our accent and enjoyed talking to us. She was lovely. The lady behind our table, as she was leaving, asked me if I would be ordering wine as she had a bottle she couldn't finish and didn't want to waste it. It was a really nice one too, one of the most expensive bottles. Thank you lady, happy birthday to me. There wasn't a huge amount in it and our waitress asked if I wanted another glass. Because I didn't know the wines, she bought me two samples and I chose the Pinot noir. Very very nice.

For a starter we shared empanadas with a salsa. Yum. For mains Huffle had chicken with Pan fried gnocchi which was delicious (the gnocchi, not the chicken though he said it was very good). I had a ravioli ricotta and nasturtium. Very good. For dessert, Huffle had a pavlova and I had a lemon curd shortbread, raspberry pink grapefruit thingy. Very delicious. The whole thing was lovely and our waitress said she very much enjoyed serving us and we should come back again and ask for her (after we paid too so it wasn't just for a tip). Thank you Huffle, I very much enjoyed that and thank you Littles and Olds for letting us go out.

Huffle set up my smart watch and I blogged. Very tired now. Thank you for all my birthday wishes, presents, cards etc.

My new watch can take a photo without me even being there!!

 

 

No comments: