Tuesday 17 October 2017

Mesure, Ajouter, Passer

Grandma and Grandad arrived home safe. Huffle and I were back in our own bed. I slept well but Huffle had a broken night's sleep. The boys woke themselves up and then me, although he came up to the loft to find me.

The boys went to school and I spent most of the morning doing washing, drying and folding plus some vacuuming downstairs and cleaning. Huffle did lots of vacuuming upstairs in between work calls. We both moved stuff from bedrooms and bathrooms until everything was where it should be again. I got to catch up on a bit of TV too while I had my breakfast and early lunch.

Midday, I went to Hamlet school to take part in the ChefAL'ecole. I have been several years before so knew what to expect but instead of a whole day, I did the afternoon. There were only two classes, the first being Smallest's. I worked mainly with his group of six. We made Cats Tongues (longue de chat) which is a shortbread style biscuit. It was very nice and we had them with cream and jam. My role was to keep the kids behaving, helping them to mix and tell them to 'lave' wash up. I put the biscuits in the oven and keep an eye on them and tried them to make sure they were okay. I ended up staying till the end of school and popped in to see MrsPiano's class where MissMoll was. I was thanked profusely by MrsFrench and the FrenchChef too.

Back home, I made a start on dinner, finished washing and folded lots! Small was already home and stared homework. He looks really tired and needs to go to bed earlier. Now he has a tv in his room, we don't really know when he turns it off but I'm guessing it's too late. They did a chore and piano practice and played on their tablets until dinner was ready.

We had a frost last night and it has taken out our courgettes, tomatoes and beans. Huffle put a few of our plants in the garden and brought in the cannas.

After dinner we played MarioKart and watched XFactor.

This evening Huffle and I watched TheGreatBritishBakeOff. Won't give it away just in case but.......the curse of the Smallest hits again. Everytime Smallest chooses a new favourite, they leave!

 

No comments: