Tuesday 28 August 2012

1- 2 - 3

Before 9am this morning, Small had pushed Smallest into the door and bruised and scraped his side. All because one of them had more ribbons from school than the other. seriously? I told them keep away from each other. Next thing I hear tiny squeals and screams. I creep upstairs and they are sitting on the bed in the loft. One had hit the others legs too much so the other was hitting the other one. "but we are wrestling!". NO, NO WRESTLING! What's the matter with them? I got myself ready and we went out. We went to the bank and the pharmacy.

When we got home I sent them out to play. They played with the bubbles. They then went in and finished their reading challenges from the library. Small finished his library book and then wrote his review and Smallest wrote about his favourite book this week.

Look how nice they can be

I told them if they could prove to me they could be nice to each other for the rest of the morning, then we could go to the cinema.

In the meantime, I checked the pool and added whatever needed to be added. I rang the Pool shop and asked their advice on the fitting that had lost its thread. They said we needed to keep the backwash pipe on constantly and not keep taking it off and on. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL US THAT AT THE START OF THE SEASON. how much hassle has that bloomin' pipe caused Huffle and I (and Moo while she was here!). Oh well at least we know now. Ha, it's almost time to close the damn thing up for the winter.

I had a clear out of the tupperware cupboard today too. I threw away all those things that don't have lids or just lids and no bottoms. Brilliant. Now it doesn't spill out as soon as you open the door.

I finished reading all of Smallest's library books to him and then made their lunch. All they had to do was take their clothes upstairs and either put them away or sort them. They were upstairs together for five minutes. In that time, Small 'lied' to Smallest and Smallest hit Small. That was it. Cinema cancelled. Well done boys! Both sat in their rooms crying. I'm disappointed they couldn't even prove to me that they could be nice for five minutes. The sooner they get back to school and some proper routine, the better.

Mrs Royal popped by to see if we wanted a grass that she was digging up. I said I would get it later. The boys ate their lunch in silence and asked if they could get their cinema back but I said No.

We went round to the Royals. The boys played hide and seek after drinking the last of Mr Royals Ribena. We stayed for a cup of tea and a chat. I took some photos of the men working on their drive because Mrs Royal asked me to take some for her. I tried very hard not to look as if I was taking photos of the man with no top on!! Smallest practised his cycling on their drive and lawn. He can do it now but he can't stop and start, we will keep working on it.

Building a dry stone wall
Smallest working his way through some melon
Swing Seat and two quiet boys
We cycled/scooted to the library and the boys coloured in, chose some new books, got their stickers..........

Smallest colouring in

Small reading a new book

..........and then we went to the park.

Wheeeeee

Who's higher now?

C'mon Smallest, come down
We cycled/scooted home ..........................

Smallest got off his scooter, lay on the grass and said "I just can't do anymore!". I gave him a drink of water and he jumped up and off he went.

 

I made a start on dinner while the boys got Disney Monopoly out. We played. I lost. The game is still going on - maybe it will be finished tomorrow.

Huffle came home and we had dinner. Smallest showed Huffle his new cycling skills and made him run up and down the road after him. Small and I played basketball and then everyone stopped for football. We were driven inside by the mosquitoes whizzing through past our ears.

The boys watched some TV (not wrestling) and Huffle read them bedtime stories while I escaped to the sanctity of the loft and did a bit of sewing. I feel chilled now. Radio, fan, cotton and wool all around me. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I tucked the boys in and came down to find Huffle fighting with the TV. Small dropped the remote earlier and now it doesn't work. Huffle to the rescuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeee.

 

 

 

No comments: