Thursday 9 August 2012

The Search for Bob L'eponge

It was 9:45pm before Small finally settled down last night and some time after that before he got to sleep. Has he got something on his mind? I tried talking to him but he just says he can't get to sleep. He doesn't actually stay in bed long enough in my opinion but what do I know? Apart from that I couldn't get to sleep last night either. I seemed to have too much in my head. I blame Huffle! Every night we go to bed around about 10pm and we watch something on TV for up to an hour, but he was so tired last night he went to bed at 9:30pm and I was just too awake so I stayed downstairs by myself (not my most favourite thing to do) and I crocheted and watched TV and when I came up to bed, Huffle was snoring!

When I woke this morning, I thought, what is that noise? It was rain. Then I realised I had left all my car windows open to get rid of the smell in there from the rubbish bags the other day! So I ran downstairs still half asleep and closed the windows in the rain. The I remembered I had to add chemicals in the pool, so I thought while I was getting wet anyway I might as well do that too. We checked tonight and the pool is blue again (cloudy but blue).

We had breakfast. The boys played and did a few simple jobs. I skyped HB and Aunt Pear and had a lovely long chat with them. HB got her accommodation at Uni so she is happy. It is her birthday in Septemeber and she has asked for something with Bob L'eponge (SpongeBob in French - she learnt that while she was here last) on to take to Uni. Easy I thought! WRONG! Huffle and I spent all night looking on the Internet for stuff. It can't have the words Spongebob on, only Bob L'eponge. We found lots with Bob elponger (Spanish?) but nothing quite what we were looking for. Oh well, we will keep looking.

The boys and I were going to go to the library on our bikes today but the rain got heavier and heavier so we went in the car. We coloured, swapped books, had a chat with Nan and then went and had lunch at the cafe.

We had a few jobs to do and so drove into town. We posted some things and banked a cheque and even bought two bedside tables at the thrifty shop. I saw them and thought "ummm would they go in our bedroom?". So I took a photo and emailed Huffle and said 'do you like?'. In the meantime I bought them because I thought he would be too busy to respond straight away. As I was struggling to get them in the car whilst paddling in the puddles, I got an email from him saying 'no not really, sorry!'. PANTS!! I sent a response of "oh, x". Anyway, now he has seen them, he likes them, and they were a very good price. The boys bought a jigsaw each and a box of Kinex for just $4 for the lot.

The photo I sent to Huffle. He said he thought it was one tall table and he didn't know what we would use it for!

Smallest's puzzle just 50c

Small's puzzle just 50c - 1,000 pieces, maybe a bit much for him but I will help!

We got home, dried off, started the puzzles and had a visit from Mrs Royal. She helped us with one of the puzzles. She wanted to borrow some Golden Syrup (which I have but don't use often as it isn't readily available).

Huffle came home and we all had pasta and meatballs (I had veggie ones). Huffle said they were the best he had had since being here. The boys ate lots so they must have been good!

Smallest was very tired today, you can always tell because he gets Smelly (his elephant) and sniffs him (he sniffs us too!), so he went to bed early and had an extra story. I made Small stay up and do some jigsaw but in the end he said "can I stop now, I'm really tired!". Bless him. Huffle read Harry Potter to him and he went straight off to sleep. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Smallest with 'smelly' under his arm

I am sitting in bed at 22:30 writing this blog because I have been looking for Bob L'eponge all night and forgot to write this. I'm tired now.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely to chat yesterday and see your now tall boys. Am having half hour quiet before cousin E&D arrive and we set off for theme park at Melton while unc pear sleeps. They hav new water play area that looks good and it will b very warm and sunny so hv asked HB to take swim things. Cousin pest home for weekend so that will b nice, he bringing us pressies from half price London 2012 sale at Wimbledon earlier this week. Have a good day.

Mrs BB said...

Reading this from the Isle of Man xx

HB said...

Haha glad finding my present is so hard
Excited to see what you come up with
HB x

famfa said...

Hope tl was good and kids too. Think you have our weather now! Enjoy cousin pests presentsx

famfa said...

Yay up the isle of man massive. Hope things not too sad there for you. X

famfa said...

Can't interest you in Winnie the pooh? X