Wednesday 29 August 2012

You don't become a Hero by being Normal!

I forgot to say yesterday, the umbrella people are sending me a cheque for the faulty goods. Wahooooo. Perseverance pays off. Actually since I wrote this, they have emailed me again and asked me to send them the original receipt, then they will send me a cheque in 10-15 days from when they receive the receipt. Oh well, at least they are refunding.

We had a visit from a man who came to quote for the Dry Wall in the loft. He looked at the whole house and we discussed various things that could be done. He will let us know how much soon. The other man who sorted the gutters also came round and brought some 'stuff' that he could put in our gutters to stop the leaves getting in. He told me to discuss it with Huffle and get back to him if we need a quote. He will also pop round tomorrow with the quote for the loft.

The boys behaved this morning so we went to the cinema after lunch. We watched Paranorman. It was about an eleven year old boy who could see dead people. He had to stop the curse of the witch on the zombies. I didn't know if it would be a bit scary but the boys loved it. There were about ten people in there. One woman had a baby that cried all the way through.

Pretending to be scared of the zombies

We left the cinema and went home. Another hot day. We cycled round to Mrs Royals. The wall looks very good. We talked about tomorrow. We are going to the CNE. The Canadian National Exhibition is Canada's largest annual fair held in Toronto. It marks the end of the Summer Holidays here. We think we are going on the train.

The boys killed lots of her strange red bugs. They sweep them into a pile and then spray them with soapy water. They are very good at it.

 

Sweeping and a spraying

On the way home, Smallest rode his bike all by himself without me holding him at all. He did fall off at the end into the Hosta but it was a fairly soft landing. He's done really well.

The boys and I tried to sort the pool. It is blue (of sorts) and about half way down clear. We filled it, tested it and added some chemicals. The kids played out for a while and then in the basement. Huffle came home just as I finished dinner and we sat and ate.

I got bitten yesterday, one on each leg. I now have deformed legs where they have swollen up. I have another bite on my face and one on my shoulder. The grass is too long again and a bit damp - perfect mosquito conditions. Still taking my B12 and B1 everyday - well that doesn't work then does it!

Huffle played football with the boys while I cut the grass on the front. Then he cut the grass at the back, while the boys blew bubbles at me and I raked and bagged the grass cuttings. They soon got bored and went and watched some TV before bed.

When I finished raking etc., my feet were green. Smallest said I was the Hulk!

Huffle put the kids to bed and I soaked my feet and blogged.

Here are two pictures from the garden.

 

A lovely Dahlia (maybe a bit eaten!)

Gorgeous Poppy (well it was before Huffle mowed next to it and splattered all over it).

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A better day than yesterday, yeah for you. Enjoyed photos of both days, some lovely ones. Commented yesterday but somewhere between typing and publishing it got lost! Bet you can't wait for Aunty A to arrive, female company and a diversion for S&S. HB& I went to Worcester yesterday, visit went well, she saw her block where she will live, we visited the gym - very impressive, went into the Students Union coffee/bar area. It all looks good, then we went into Worcester, some nice shops, can't believe in 2 1/2 weeks my baby will be gone, but good news is that Cousin Pest likely to be back soon... phew!!

AA said...

Now I know what the CNE is!

Almost finished packing, signing off... See you on the other side!!

xxxx

famfa said...

Huffle and I have been and we really liked it. She'll be okay there I think. Of course you will miss her. Good that Matt back, that'll be good.

famfa said...

Nearly brought you here. Maybe next year. Can't wait xx