Sunday 26 August 2012

Burlington Bertie's Barbeque

Huffle and I had Small and Smallest sleeping in our room last night. Small woke up the minute we came to bed and grinned at us sleepily for ages. Smallest turned and wriggled and turned and wriggled. He sounded like a ferret in a revels bag ALL NIGHT! Huffle and I never slept. We were in the biggest bed in the world which was tempapeadic and remembered our bodies, except that I kept wriggling too because Smallest kept us awake, and I lost my pillow halfway through the night. It just disappeared into thin air.

At 7am I sat up in bed to find Smallest grinning at me and Small still asleep so I said Shhhh to him and tried to get back to sleep. At 7:30, I sat up and found both of them grinning at me so I told them to go downstairs quietly and put the TV on. Then the door opened a grinning Muffin waved at me. We tried to go back to sleep and may just have for a short while. Huffle and I should know better, we never ever sleep well when we are not in our own bed. It takes at least a couple of nights before we can sleep properly.

The boys were asked what they wanted for breakfast. Muffin started the list of things they had "Choco Rocks.......". "okay Muffin, you might as well stop there. The boys won't hear anything past Choco Rocks". They thought it was their birthday.

We all played a game of Monopoly Deal and then Mrs BB and I went to the British Shop where I bought Baked Beans, Robinsons Squash, Bourbons, Custard Creams, Malt Loaf, Penguins and Clubs. Nice. The kids went off and played a board game and then watched a film. The adults played a couple of games of Monopoly Deal and then we started to get dinner ready.

We had a lovely barbeque and then sat down for a piece of birthday cake.

My yummy veggie kebabs

Mr BBQ BB himself

We were all tired and Mr BB wasn't feeling quite himself so Mrs BB, Huffle, me and the kids all went to the park. Muffin showed us her gymnastic skills.

Wow!

Then we all played football with a BIG net

Smallest sitting on the sulkers bench.

As I was taking this photograph, Small was just kicking this ball in the net and it was heading straight for me!

Mrs BB relaxing on the side handing out juice, I was sitting in the shade watching a dragon fly and the boys were still playing.

Exhausted and hot, we said our goodbyes and left for home. We played a few games on the way home to distract Huffle from the terrible driving of all the other vehicles. Honestly, I think they give out licences just a little too easy here. They drivers were awful, and I have never seen so many police cars who had stopped vehicles, either for bad driving or accidents!

Once we had unpacked the car and let some air into the house, we watched the end of Return of the Jedi. The kids had their tea and Huffle phoned Grandad who had just finished watching a Rolling Stones tribute band. Huffle and I checked the pool. It looks clear (ish) but that could be because we haven't been in it for a few days.

I think it will be early to bed for everyone tonight.

Thank you BB's for a fun filled (square?) weekend. Hope Mr BB is feeling better. Keep away from the lady spirits next time and don't laugh so hard at your lovely Mrs BB.

 

2 comments:

Mrs BB said...

We had a lovely weekend. Loving the pictures xx

Unknown said...

Morning All, sounds a good weekend, it's always nice to spend time with friends, pity Mr. BB wasn't feeling his sparkling best. Just back from golfing weekend, our team won yesterday, no thanks to me I was purely nuisance value! Fell asleep when I got back, not used to 3 games in 3 days. Glad to see Grandad is still rocking it! and hopefully the weather is being kind to Uncle Grump as his festival. xx