Wednesday 8 August 2012

Beach vs Pool

Small doesn't sleep well if I'm not there. I don't know why, he just struggles, always has. So last night when I went out for a walk with Mrs Royal, he was still awake when I got back. I told him I would tire him out today somehow.

There has been rain forecast for about three or four consecutive days starting this evening, so we decided to go out today and make the most of the sunshine.

We got a sample of the pool water, which incidentally was green with floaty green bits in it last night, but this morning was a cloudy lighter even with no floaty bits. Still, we took a sample of water with the intention of going into the shop and going to the beach afterwards as it was close by.

On the way I picked up a small table that was left out for rubbish (brilliant how they do that here, you don't want something, you put it on the front of your property and if you get there before the bin men, you can have it - cool!). Then we went to the pool shop where they tested the water and wrote out what I needed to do over the next 48 hours. They thought we also might have a problem with the sand filter (we didn't know we had one!) and we may need to sort that out once we've sorted the water problem out.

We went onto the beach with our picnic, ate it, skyped Grandma and Grandad and Cousin E & D. We made stone castles, collected more stones (because obviously we don't have enough at home!). The boys soon got bored though because the lake wasn't nice enough to swim in. Too weedy.

Picnic on a deserted beach
Sand was too stoney to build sandcastles
Smallest collecting stones for his castle
Heavy bucket
Their castle and them

Smallest and his castle

So we came home and got in our pool. I'm sure it is the same colour as when we opened it when Moo was here.

The boys had a great time and I ended up in there too. It was very warm but with lots of black clouds looming.

Smallest showing me how much he has grown. Before we went away he couldn't stand in the middle of the pool, now he can!

Small and I played a game. I threw the ball for him to catch but if he missed it, he had to swim round the pool. I was going to tire him out today!!

We decided on a BBQ dinner and Huffle came home in time to eat with us. Small made S'mores (or SMALLS) as we have renamed them.

While we were eating we had a visit from a Cardinal (centre of photo)

The boys (huffle too) went back in the pool while I blogged and then they showered. I went off on a bike ride while Huffle read and put them to bed.

Time to catch up on the Olympics now.........

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds Like a better day. Both boys will b taller than me soon but that's not difficult! Betty brownie and I won our match she had a blinder, quite enjoyed it but oh boy three games in 4 days, my poor knees. Am inspired by our cyclists so getting the bike out, Rio here I come. HB not doing so good she far too tired all time so getting her to docs, am going with her but we can't get in til next wek. Hope huffle has had a better day, I worry about you all. Xxxx