Friday 10 August 2012

More Rain?

Not only did the rain wake me this morning, but so did the thunder! The UK are having lovely weather and ours has gone to pot. What's all that about?

I tried to find something for us to see at the cinema today but there wasn't anything appropriate or that we hadn't seen already. The rain poured, so we decided to stay in and have a games day.

The boys finished off the bugs bunny puzzle and then built things with Lego. I tried to watch the Olympics but couldn't get the app to work. So I got to catch up on some reading in between looking at amazing Lego sculptures and watching the correct puzzle piece being put in.

Clever boys. They did it by themselves. (smallest mainly).

Next we got the K'nex out and started creating wonderful things.

We built a truck, a roundabout, a swing, swords...........

This was my first creation? It went round and swung!

We Skyped the DotDots and chatted with them. They have lovely sunshine. They must have borrowed ours! I went and dug over the veggie beds and removed some weeds and old lettuce. Small read. Smallest played on the swing. Then we all had lunch and Skyped Moo.

I found a huge thistle in the veg bed and planted in next to the bird feeder and then watched the chipmunks climb it, fall off and then eventually eat the thistles! I told them it wasn't put there for them but at least they are leaving the bird seed for now.

The pool is back to cloudy blue.

.............which is better.

The other day when Huffle came home and the boys were in the pool, he got in with them, and he said it really cheered him up, the fact that they completely bombarded him with water, relentlessly. So we wondered what we could do for him today seeing as it was too wet for the pool.

So we decided to do what we do best........

.....some baking...... Make two chocolate sponges, add some chocolate fudge butter cream, sprinkle a generous amount of white and milk chocolate chips.............

...add some white chocolate shards, M&M's, silver balls and a small sprinkling of red and blue sugar strands......

..............................take a big bite... NO NOT REALLY,

Put it away until Huffle comes home. SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

The boys played on the computer and played with their go-go's. I watched the Olympics with no sound because it was in a language I couldn't understand. At first I thought it was French but I think it was Indian! I carried on with Small's puzzle and listened to my music.

Then I cleared up the mess we made and made dinner. Where does the time go?

Huffle came home, and Smallest told him before he walked through the door that we had made I'm a cake. So we made him close his eyes and shouted surprise. He was surprised (ish). But it did make him happy, so it worked.

We all had dinner. Then we all had cake. Phew, can't eat anymore. Stuffed!

 

Oh, and a picture from Grandad to brag about how nice his yellow raspberries were this year.

Did Grandama take this photo? it's a bit dark

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent cake no wonder it cheered Huffle up, looked yummy, excellent decorating boys. Can confirm Grandad's yellow raspberries are a good vintage, u will hv to see if you can grow in Canada. We had brilliant day at Twin Lakes there long time, we all enjoyed it .. Loads there. one of the areas was named Canada Keys so we took photo of the Canadian flag etc, to send you as if you don't see enough of it!! Have a good wk'nd. Will reveal our pressies from Cousin Pest tomoo but I've done well, that's my boy. xx