Friday 17 August 2012

What time is it there?

Thanks to those who commented yesterday. It was just me moaning and letting off steam, which is what this blog is all about really. It makes me feel better to know about other peoples experiences and advice.

Another storm was forecast last night but I don't think we had one. I got woken by motorbikes and cars speeding past the house. I am going to speak to Mr Royal about it as he is the President of our Hamlets Community Association. Honestly, we have a main road running parallel with ours, you would think it would be a faster road than our little one (Huffle thinks the Police probably keep an eye of that road and not ours). I dread to think what would happen if they lost control near us, or someone stepped out at the wrong time! So another broken night's sleep. Still, everyone else seemed to sleep well, so that's good.

We had rain forecast for this morning so I got the boys to do some writing exercises. Small practised his lovely joined up writing (which they don't teach here but I have pushed to let him carry on).

......and Smallest practised the correct formation of his letters. He kept getting annoyed with me and walking away until I said "you can't do that with your new teacher".

They did really well and were rewarded with some computer time while I tidied and caught up with emails.

Whilst I was checking the pool chemicals (yes again) and looking at the veg I came across this horrible thing......

....not a great fan of spiders, but I was intrigued by the extra 'stitching' on the web. How intricate. Almost like he over stitched it to make it hold better. Anyway, as long as he stays away from me, we can be friends (and eats the Mosquitos and black flies!).

 

...and look at our lovely 'accidental' sunflowers. Gorgeous. We chose to make a picnic and go to the splash pad again (although the clouds were looming and I explained it wouldn't be as hot and they could get cold quicker). Still they wanted to go.

There were less people than last time. We ate our picnic first, being bothered by wasps and black flies today. Ararrrrrrggghhhh. I got a few bites from black flies. The boys then went on the splash pad.

Picnic. A wasp got stuck in Smallest's drink container - so that was the end of that! The drink and the wasp!

That drip on the end of Small's nose is water from his wet hair - I promise!

I Skyped Moo briefly (didn't have a lot of charge) and she got to see them chimping around.

Although it was cloudy, when the sun came out it was burning hot. Luckily I took the sun cream. Smallest stayed out for a lot of the time, wrapped in a towel and a blanket. Small stayed in, mainly playing with the girls. He was teasing them to come close to his water canon and then spraying them and making them squeal and run away!

Again, I got to look at the lake but I wasn't allowed to go there, until they finished playing.

I could see the CN Tower, not sure if this picture shows it, but it was there.

Trying to aim at the buckets to make them fall faster

Smallest huddled up keeping warm

The water seemed much colder today

I lured the boys onto the beach finally by buying them an ice-cream. We sat under the shade of a tree and watched the waves coming in.

Small chose a Caramel Chocolate Surprise

Smallest chose a fruity lollipop

We went to investigate a wood sculpture on the beach

Smallest washing his crocs in the water

It wasn't long before the kids decided they wanted to go on the park. It seems a park is not for sliding and swinging and playing normally on anymore. A park is now for playing tag, tic or tig. The whole park was full of people (who didn't know each other) playing one big game of tag together. It was nice to see. Everyone being nice to each other, everyone laughing, girls, boys, different nationalities. And it meant I could read my book and just look occasionally to make sure they were where they were supposed to be. Smallest fell over and got himself a couple of Boo-boo's scratches.

I saw Mr Bean there but my phone ran out of charge so I couldn't photograph him.

It was 4pm again before we left. Now I am directionally challenged. i.e. every time I leave this place, I make a wrong turn somewhere even though I try and follow the route I took to get there. Funnily enough I can get there without my map or GPS, but coming back I always take a wrong turn. I end up going to the back of beyond. Today, however, I took the right turn. I ended up in horrific traffic (obviously rush hour on the main road). Silly me. I almost got caught up in an accident. I got in the wrong lane and so did some silly blond ponytailed, pink lipsticked lady (nothing against blond hair or ponytails), we both indicated to go in the correct lane, she pushed herself in but refused to let me in, I kept my distance because her driving was questionable. The next moment BASH she had crunched into the back of someone's car. Close call again!

I had a message from Huffle saying he was coming home early. I wondered if he would get home before us but we just made it. The boys played in the basement. I put our picnic rubbish away and put the kettle on for tea for Huffle's arrival. Had he had a bad day? No, he was poorly from an overly fried lunch today. Serves him right, he knows he can't eat fried fried stuff. Once everyone's food went down, we played football. Football was interrupted by a skype call from Aunty A who was with Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc (with a guest appearance from Uncle Tuc's Mum 'Corrie'). It so good to see them and talk to them. We gave them a tour around the house and garden. They watched the boys play a bit of football.

Aunty Miaow, Aunty A and Uncle Tuc.

The pool is still green but we have shocked it and added other chemicals because the PH was up slightly. I haven't rang the umbrella people - thought I would save that delight for next week, and we are hoping to buy a bicycle pump for the bikes tomorrow.

Today was a better day. Lots of laughing and then I found out it was my friends Hen Party tomorrow and that made me just a little bit sad because I won't be there, but once she Skyped me I felt a lot better. Still wish I was there, I miss them so much, but good to know we can Skype whenever now. Aunty A will be here soon too.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Mrs BB said...

Final reading from the Isle of Man as we are on our way home today. See you soon xx