Monday 27 August 2012

"Have you sold my Garage?"

Last night we saw some photos of Uncle Grump at a festival, that we bought him the ticket for, for his birthday. It seems he had a good time.

Scary
 

When Smallest saw this photo he said "who's that?". Small said "it's Uncle Grump" and Smallest said "...but he doesn't like face paints!". Doesn't he? I think it suits him, maybe he should go out like this more often.

Everyone slept really well last night. Soooo good to be in my own bed. Huffle and I always struggle away from home. Whenever we go on holiday or stay away, it always takes a few nights to settle properly. Silly us. Anyway, Huffle went off to work and the boys and I decided we were having a stay-at-home day. It was supposed to be lazy but boys don't know how to be lazy.

After breakfast the boys had a bath. We have a whirlpool in the bath that we don't use often as it makes the water go everywhere but I let them today and it seemed to stay contained.

 

He looks like a polar bear
 

Bubbly
 

I skyped Moo, it's been ages since we chatted so it was good to catch up.

That's my t-shirt I left
 

We had a bit of a tidy up and then after lunch we got the Lego out. We did lots of sorting. Smallest and I built his new Star Wars set.

 

R2D2 and CP3O
 

Small built one of his old Star Wars sets that had been taken apart. I helped him find the pieces while sorting out other Lego. We put all the instructions in one box. I didn't realise they had so much. They set up a Star Wars battlefield in the basement and played really nicely. Then obviously they were together for too long because they started fighting over NOTHING! I split them up and started dinner. I also cleared out the small freezer in the kitchen. Got rid of stuff that shouldn't be there or had been there too long and reorganised the rest of it.

Help me Obi Wan Kanobe, you're my only hope
 

After everyone had had their allotted 'time away' the boys started playing together again. I heard a Smallest voice shout down "Mummy have you sold the garage?". He was referring to a toy garage/car park he has had for some time but not played with for ages. In fact he asked me to get rid of it as it was too young for him. I love that garage and it is in perfect condition, so I put it in the loft in case I found someone who might want it. I seem to be doing that a lot lately, putting things away. There are lots of books that Smallest thinks he is 'too old' for now but I can't bear to part with them yet. So there are others in the loft or in our 'grown-up library'. However, every now and then, one of the will ask, where is............

Today I rang the umbrella people. They said they would send me a new part and I told them I wanted a refund as it was obviously a dodgy product. They said as long as I sent them photos and a copy of the receipt they would look into it. I did it, they said the recipt didn't show the date fully, so I sent it again.

I also rang a TaeKwonDo place to see if I could get Smallest in there on one of his days off school on a weekly basis. I am waiting for them to ring back.

One of the men that came to clear our gutters came back to measure the loft for a quote. While he was up there I decided to make the bed for Aunty A (she is here on Friday WAHOOOO) and cleared away the huge wooden train track that was starting to take over my side of the loft. So it has been quite productive today too.

It has been really humid and sticky today despite the rain. I have been expecting a storm but as yet it hasn't materialised.

Huffle came home and we had dinner, he had to bring some work home.

I attempted to go out for a walk with Mrs Royal but it started thundering and she rang and said we should leave it and see how it was later. Then the rain came hard and heavy and very very wet. Well done Mrs Royal - good call.

We all played a game of Monopoly Deal, the boys watched some TV and then we put them to bed.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a steady family day with only one fight! -good luck with the umbrella people, you will win in the end, don't give up. Think TaeKwonDo would be good for Smallest to rid himself of his excess energy. Bet you can't wait for Aunty A to come, it will be good to have a girlie friend for a couple of weeks. I walked 30 holes of golf yesterday watching a friend play in County matchplay trophy (and unfortunately lost) - I can hardly move today and am playing in an hour or so with Betty Brownie so I had better lick myself into shape! At the moment feel around 110ish. Roll on Sorrento xxxx