Tuesday 21 August 2012

A right Royal walk

Today we decided to take Mrs Royal for a walk to our beach - the one we first discovered when we got here. She has never been, but yet has heard us talk a lot about it. We packed a small picnic and were out of the house by 10am (not bad for us!).

Mrs Royal also packed some snacks so we had plenty once we got there. I forgot to take my purse, forgetting that you had to pay for the car park, Mrs Royal only had a $20 bill. She asked someone else on the carpark if they had change and they gave us $2 which was really nice. They said not to worry about it.

We had a lovely walk through the nature part. Listening to the crickets and watching the birds. The boys eating the odd Gummy Bear on the way to give them extra energy. Then we got there. The lake was so peaceful, clear and flat when we first arrived. The boys paddled straight in and started throwing rocks in.

Mrs Royal Sat and watched them and enjoyed the peacefulness of the place. No-one else was there, it was so quiet.

Not the best photo of me, I couldn't see,the sun was in my eyes!
 

We ate our snacks and the boys brought us precious rocks and stones. Mrs Royal and I walked up the beach to look at the houses there and the boys stayed behind and played. We wondered what they were doing as they were very quiet. As we got closer we realised Smallest was burying Small.

The rocks on the tree trunk were the ones they collected - there was no way I was carrying that lot back!

I walked along a bit further the other way. We stayed for a couple of hours and then started to make our way back (the boys had swimming lessons).

 

Smallest leading, Mrs Royal following, me and small were behind
 

It was very hot today but it was a nice walk back. We watched some people canoeing and we watched the geese landing, then a chipmunk came right up to our feet. Very very tame.

 

Right hand side of the photo is Smallest's hat.
We drove home, dropped Mrs Royal off, picked up some towels and drove back to swimming, just in time for Small's lesson.

He was trying to perfect his whip kick legs which is hard because i think we automatically do breast stroke legs which is very similar.

He also had to put in a boat what he would need if he was going boating, then get in and paddle. It was funny. I think he liked doing it.

 
 

Sitting patiently waiting for his turn
 

Then we came home. The boys went on the computer and I picked vegetables from the garden and prepared dinner. Tonight we barbecued a whole chicken. Mr Royal told me how!

 

Umm home grown beetroot and runner beans
 

I made a vegetable and spinach quiche....

Nice. Although Small did complain that there were too many vegetables in it.

The barbecued chicken went down well. Useful thing to do as it frees up the oven for more stuff.

We all ate dinner, cleared away and then it was football time again.

I kicked two balls into the huge Cedar Hedge and Huffle had to climb up a ladder and fetch it. Whoops. I am banned from doing drop kicks now. Maaaan!

 

1 comment:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Mmmmm, I love a bbq chicken!