Sunday 19 August 2012

"I see Ninjas" *

Last night I was awoken, not by speeding vehicles but by Huffle looking for speeding vehicles - Poor Mummy - Arrrrgggghhhhhhhh!

We started the day with a lazy Sunday morning. Reading, breakfasting, crocheting, emailing - well that was me. The boys listened to the cricket, waxed some wood and cleaned the inside of my car - lucky Mummy.

Today was a 'day at the races' day with a Family Fun Day watching Quarter Horses race (the preferred horse of a cowboy as they used these type of horses to herd their animals). It was free to get in and the kids were given Activity Passports and a goody bag.

First stop, the petting zoo where we got to see Snakes, Huge Tortoises, frogs, House Hippo (a hairless guinea pig that Huffle took an instant dislike to).

Tree frog stuck to glass
 

American alligator
 

Next the boys decided to go on the 'bouncing derby'. Inflatable horses that they bounced along and raced. Smallest got on his horse, then jumped off and ran to the line instead - we don't know why, he wouldn't tell us!

Small was very pleased he beat the very small girl next to him!
 

They both made a horsey craft. Small made a horse called Bob and Smallest made a door hanger called Billy Bones.

We watched a couple of races. Short but fast.

Horses being paraded
 

The boys had a hotdog - nothing for me (poor Mummy) and they watched a man and his ventriloquist dummy called Silly Billy. Smallest thought he was very funny, in fact he got the biggest smile of the day.

Look how pleased he looks
 

Small asked "how does he make his mouth move?"
 

We queued for ages and ages for snow-cones which was just a cone full of crushed ice with artificial flavour poured over them - horrible but at least it kept them cool. The kids had their faces painted. Small's was a monster......

Scary eyes open/shut
 

Blood dripping down neck
 

.....Smallest's was a spider which he had to scare me (Poor Mummy).

It was very busy and very warm so we escaped to get something 'proper' to eat. We ended up in a Sports Bar. Small's dream - every table had its own TV, and if you didn't like what was on your tv, there was a big screen above the table and many more situated around the whole place. We had Motorcross on ours. They were going fast and high. I said I would like to have a go but Huffle said he wouldn't allow it! Ooooohhhhhhhh!

I ordered a Veggie Patty but when it came it looked like a beef burger (I'm a vegetarian but I don't like the look or taste of meat so I don't use any quorn or Tofu). I think it was made using beef substitute and I couldn't eat it. When the waitress came to ask if everything was alright we had to tell her I couldn't eat it. They took my meal off the bill and said she was sorry I didn't like it. That was good. Everyone elses was great.

After we had eaten too much, we drove to the beach with the intention of letting the boys on the water park again. There were so many cars there we couldn't even park, so much to the boys annoyance, we went further along to another beach.

We collected stones, built statues, skimmed, and I sat in my chair and almost fell asleep listening to the waves gently rolling in.

That was definitely a five!
Looking for precious stones for me - lucky Mummy
Looking for skimmers
 

Huffle decided it was time for an ice cream so we left the beach and took the boys to the park (next to the ice cream place).

We saw this little frog while we were eating ice creams - no petting zoo needed here
 

Monkey spider?
 

* While we were on the park Smallest saw some ladies wearing Burkhas. He turned to Huffle and said "I see Ninjas Daddy". We tried to explain that they weren't ninjas but he was convinced they were going to do some Ninja moves on him.

Far too much fun in one day, we drove home and lazed until bedtime. Actually we cleaned and tidied Smallest's room because it was a tip! You could dance in there now.

Huffle and I tried to solve Small's new puzzle. "deceptively easy and completely addictive". Addictive - YES. Easy - NO NOT YET!

 

 

I had some trouble this evening trying to post this, but once again the wonderful BLOGSY team (well Lance) helped me through it. Thanks Blogsy - very quick response too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds an excellent day. What great photos, when a local competition is held u should enter, the ones of the boys painted faces are great, plus Smallest's happy face, aah... The cafe with a tv on every table would hv unc pear and cousin pest queuing up,provided sport was on every channel! A lovely blog Famfa... Hope Huffle not on patrol last night, that's the sort of thing his grandma would hv done. xx

Mrs BB said...

The house hippo is also known as a skinny pig. They are lovely and we nearly got one but I am allergic to them - gutted. Looks like you all had a great day.