Monday 20 August 2012

1974 Dungarees

Since the boys bought their new Lego sets, they have been dying to build them. I wanted to wait till this week to give them something to do. Today was the day. After breakfast, we started building.

Small built 'The Battle of Naboo' with one of my favourite characters Ja Ja Binks.

"how wuude"
 

Smallest and I built 'Sith Nightspeeder' with Anakin Skywalker.

"May the force be with you"
 

It took us all morning. Then we registered for the Lego Magazine here in Canada. The boys have had these magazines for a while now but they are still being delivered to the UK and we have to rely on Moo to bring them over when she comes.

Grandma Skyped us to show Uncle Grumps' Birthday Cake.

Look at those dungarees
 

It wasn't the clearest connection, but what a cutey! What happened! Haha. Hope you have a lovely birthday Uncle Grump, wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

The boys went upstairs to play with their new Lego and then had an almighty fight where punches were thrown. I had to split them up. We had some lunch and then got ready to go out to swimming.

Small and I rode our bikes and Smallest rode on his scooter. Small just rode off on his own and got there ages before us. Smallest's legs were hurting so for some of the way he sat on my bike while I pushed him and held his scooter, then on the way back I pulled him some of the way by holding his hand while he was scooting.

The swimming went well. Small had his lesson all by himself. Smallest swam with a girl from his class. They all did very well. The pool was heated but because it is not as hot outside they were shivering. I heard someone say "well that's the end of summer then!". really? Already?

Small just finishing
Smallest
 

On the way back (after Small had fallen in the ditch again) we stopped at the Royals. The boys had a Ribena and played a game of Boules with Mr Royal while I had tea and chatted to Mrs Royal.

Chillin'
 

C'mon boys, show him how to play
 

Smallest won the whole game
 

While I made dinner, the boys went upstairs and played nicely. They emptied the dressing up baskets and came down in lots of different costumes.

Woody top and buzz bottoms
 

This is Smallest as Wuzz or Buddy or Buzzy!

Huffle came home and we all had dinner.

Oh just a note about my diet. Ha ha ha. I put on 3/4lb (that's three quarters not 3 or 4), not much but the whole point was that I was to lose some and not put any on. PAH! It's those ice creams!

Yesterday we saw our first Hummingbird in the garden. I didn't relise how small they were. Like a big insect really, but lovely.

We all had a game of football, the boys watched tv and went to bed. While Huffle read the bedtime stories, I had a quick cycle and a punch in the basement. OUCH!

 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just woken up! We had lovely Indian with grandma and unc grump in spice of life, nice. Introduced grandma to 'tikka', she like and sort of sorted Boxing Day at the panto, how well did we do?? Too podged to cut into cake, then strolled home, weather nicely warm. Unc grump looking 4wd to his pressie from you at weekend. Ps Teacher's pool looks very blue and inviting.

Sarah Tomson said...

Was just thinking that pool looks lovely!

Lol on the diet I haven't been to ww recently (hols, Isabel's birthday then operation - I know any excuse!) and I have managed to put about 6 lbs on eeek! So I must get back on track else I'll put it all back on!

Hope today's a peaceful fight free day for you

Xx

famfa said...

Wow well done you. Don't suppose anyone took s photo of the cake did they? Mines bad quality through Skype.

famfa said...

What better than our green murk? I ww is the best way but thought I could do it by myself. Seems I can't! Exercise is my problem as well as eating he he - I like it. You'll soon shift yours you're doing so well - looking good x