Tuesday 7 August 2012

Oh dear....

I forgot to mention yesterday that while we were watching the boys on the park in Port Perry, a man sat next to us on the bench and after a while said "are you two English?". Yes we are we said. "My family is from Cornwall" he said. Oh nice, yes lovely part of the world. "yes I've been there a few times, Penzance" he said. super. Then he said "do either of you know Sir Humphrey Davy.". yes said Huffle he invented the Davy Lamp. "well he is my Great Great Grandad". Then he walked away. random.

Well today hasn't been a great day. Huffle obviously had to get up early for work this morning and we had a restless night. His stomach was making all sorts of gurgling noises. Someone down the road was having a party and the coyotes were making a terrible racket! It was also hot.

This morning after breakfast I thought the kids and I could clean my car as it was the one we took on holiday and it was full of sand and rubbish and was in need of a wash on the outside too. First of all I couldn't find the sponges. So we set to work inside. Sand was everywhere. We found the sponges in the end and I filled three buckets and as I carried one, the handle fell off spilling soapy water all over the kitchen floor. So I left the kids cleaning the car!!!!, whilst I mopped the kitchen. They ended up throwing sponges at each other and not much of the car but I wasn't bothered as it was a hot day and it cooled them a bit. Until they started fighting and arguing, so I finished the washing, and the cleaning of the inside and then let them hose it down. The hose wouldn't reach so I drove into the back garden. They were hosing well until one hosed the other by mistake and then they started fighting and arguing, so I took over and finished the job. Drove the car back onto the drive.

Then I noticed our bin had been attacked whilst we were away. The lid was off and the black bin bag didn't seem to be anywhere. I tipped out the bin and the smell almost made me sick. I struggled to get it in two bags and then double wrapped them and tried to get rid of the smell of the drive. It was awful. I ended up driving into town and putting the bags into a big bin there. Of course, now my car smelt too. I left it on the drive with all the windows and doors open and tried to clean the bit where it smelt worse. Then I set about cleaning all around where the bin had been, and the bin and the drive where I dragged the bags. Buckets and buckets of water with disinfectant in and then a hose down afterwards. I can't seem to escape the smell. I had a shower this morning but I think I will be having another before the day is out!

I haven't got anything I wanted to get done today. Well I did clean the BBQ and mop the Sun Room.

Huffle tried to get his credit card limit raised but they won't do it until we are permanent residents. Great.

Smallest had a bath, Small played on the computer, we played Disney monopoly. I watched a bit of the Olympics and saw Chis Hoy get a Gold.

I don't know where the day went today. I was all sad and homesick. I guess this is the first time I have been on my own (adult wise) for a long time. I just wanted to go home where everything is easy and I know people and I know how things work.

I had a delivery of the umbrella top (it broke before Moo went) and I was just fixing material to it when the top sheared off. Really? (as the kids would say) are you taking the p****? (they don't say that!).

Huffle came home and we had dinner, including Mrs Royals lovely green beans. We all played football but the grass was too long and the football/hockey net fell apart. So Huffle and I started the mowing. That was a long job, he did half and then put the kids to bed and I did the other half. Then we had to rake it cos it was so long and we ran out of bags. Can this day get any worse?

Mrs Royal came round and we went for a long walk and I moaned and she made me feel better.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today will b better, just hang in there. The first few days without Moo and Huffle will b tough ones, there r times when we miss you all so much (if that sounds like at times we dont miss you, there arent) but it's something to cope with as best we can and hope it gets better with time. I'm off golfing again today, Betty Brownie has twisted my arm, but we playing together v Park Hill, will report result tomoro. xxxx

famfa said...

I know everyday can't be great but sometimes it feels like its all horrible and bad. I think it was huffle's day to be bad today. Don't let Betty brownie twist your arm, she's lethal! Have a good day x