Monday 13 August 2012

A game of poona?

Wow. I have reached 20,000 views of this blog. Amazing. Thank you for reading.

Thank you

I have started a diet today. No carbs for breakfast. No carbs for lunch. Oh I feel weak! I had a mad clean around the house, the bathrooms, change the bedding, washing, emptying and filling the dishwasher. The boys played nicely together in their rooms and on the computer. Then we had a bit of lunch and got on our bikes. We started cycling to the middle of the Hamlet. First of all I realised I had a slow puncture. So I stopped in front of The Royal's house. Mr Royal said I could take his bike but it was too high for me. As the boys had already cycled off, I had to run after them. Smallest fell off his bike and into a ditch. Luckily we haven't had too much rain and the ditch wasn't full of water. A bit further along, I noticed Smallest jump off his bike and disappear into a really tall bull rush. I wondered what he was doing. By the time I got there, he was shouting "Small has fallen into the ditch and he can't get out!". Poor Small had fallen off and his bike fell on top of him.

I took the photo and he said "No Mummy, I'm actually hurt!". Whoops sorry!
They cycled to the local handyman store and I asked if they would quote for cleaning the gutters but they said they weren't open yet, which is strange because they have been there for ages. Anyway they said they would ring later, which they did - they are visiting tomorrow. We stopped at the shop and the boys had a treat and then we cycled to the park. The boys played on the swings and slide while I skyped Moo.
It was really hot there so we cycled back with the intention of getting in the pool. However, we stopped at The Royals to pick up my bike and we were invited in for a cup of tea and a scone (I did have a very small one). The boys got their badminton racquets and we all had a game together. Small informed us that Badminton was once called Poona and originated in India (he gets his information from Horrible Histories).

Small, Mr Royal and Smallest looking for golf balls in their garden

The Royals

The boys playing 'throw the golf ball in Mr R's hat'

Smallest picked some green beans from their garden for our dinner.

After we had outstayed our welcome, we came home and the boys played with their Go-go's while I got dinner ready and then they went in the pool. They wanted me to take photos of them jumping in.

Smallest likes this one because he looks like he's on his tippy toes

Small likes this because he is in mid-air

Smallest wanted a photo showing him walking on water

Very dramatic

Ooooh a dive

Smallest says he is doing a cannonball

Look at that sparkling blue water!?

Relaxing - actually Huffle was spinning him around the pool

We stopped for dinner (yeesssss carbs at last!).

Huffle came home with a big bottle of whiskey from his secretary from her holidays. Shame we don't drink it. At least we have something for our visitors now. Whose next? Oh yes Aunty A! 'Hic'.

Huffle had a dry run for his presentation today and it went well, so Good Luck to him for tomorrow for the real thing.

 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What great photos of boys, they put a smile on my face. How big is the Royals garden? Looks ab enormous. Will keep fingers xd for Huffle, but he will b fine, hv no doubt. Sock it to 'um Huff. Loved Smallest's cycle helmet and from photos of Small jumping in pool, he recovered from his meeting with the ditch. Looks a good day. Its tuesday so i'm golfing, not with Betty Brownie this timexx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

ohhhh, we love whisky. We will have to come visit then. Xx

famfa said...

The royals used to have horses so the back is a field but they recently took down the fence and it now looks enormous. The boys love playing there. Enjoy your golf. How is unc pear? X

famfa said...

Come on over x