Wednesday 22 August 2012

Breathing or Bare Bottom?

Today was a Mall day. We needed to exchange something, buy some tee-shirts for Huffle and get a birthday present. So after breakfast we got ready and out went out. We exchanged, bought Huffle some tee-shirts in the sale and almost found what we were looking for for our birthday present. You have to think so much harder when sending things to UK. How bulky will it be? How much does it weigh? Will it get damaged or spoilt? Unless of course you can rely on visitors taking them back.

I made them walk around Homesense with the promise of a drink and a little something. Small chose a muffin and Smallest a gingerbread man. I had a coffee (good girl).

We left about lunchtime but decided to go home for food. We had a quick lunch, boys got half an hour on the computer while I emptied and filled the dishwasher, by which time it was swimming time again. We drove today.

We were a bit early so Smallest had a bit of a swing.

Small started with 3 rounds of the pool doing front crawl and then 3 back stroke. He stopped once. His teacher said he was now in level 6 but if he could do six rounds without stopping he would be in level 7. I'm sure he could've done that in Engalnd. His teacher there used to make them do many lengths. Anyway, he has improved in just the time that we were on holiday. His teacher here says he is a very natural swimmer.

Some shots of him diving.....

One from the side.......

One from the board....
.....and another....

....a forward roll

And one of his own choice.......... A cannon ball.

Smallest did brilliantly too. He swam a length from the deep end to the shallow without any problems. He dived in (well I say dive!).

There he goes.....

Swimming his length.
At one point today, as he was swimming a width, his shorts were falling down and he pulled them up while still swimming. I said "what's more important, breathing or showing your bottom?". The man who's daughter swims with Smallest said "like Prince Harry eh?". I hadn't heard but he told me that Harry was photographed naked in a hotel room with a naked girl hiding behind him. Apparently they were playing strip jack pool.
...and looking rather pleased with himself at the end. Well done both.

Huffle decided to come home early so he and Small could go on the golf course. (smallest is not happy with this so Huffle has promised to take him on the range soon).

I made pizza so it could be eaten hot or cold while the boys finished their game on the computer.

Huffle got home early, we ate the pizza and Small and Huffle took some wrapped up in case they got hungry later.

Smallest and I tried out his bike again. This time he was much better. I let him go a few times but when he felt me loosen my grip he laughed and wobbled. I don't think it will be long before he is riding on his own properly. We came in and he had an ice cream while we watched one of our favourite films, Beauty and the Beast. I said I would play football but he was too tired, so we watched a bit of UP and I read him four stories before he gave in and said he was sleepy. He wanted to stay up and wait for Small to come home.

I had a workout in the basement but I am having problems with my foot again. I wrote about it when I was on holiday and a friend commented and said it could be a similar problem to hers. I looked it up and followed some exercises it said to do,which seems to help a bit, it says you shouldn't run, do hard walks or stand for long periods of time. WHAT? If it continues I will go to the doctors or a podiatrist. No doubt they will tell me to wear corrective insoles like Huffle has to wear. When I finished on the recumbent bike (20 mins was all I could manage whilst perusing FaceBook), I popped up to Smallest and he was fast asleep. When I left him he said "I feel poorly and if you are in the basement and I need you, I won't be able to get up and tell you I need you!". I told him I wouldn't be long and that if he really needed me, he would get to me. Well he was asleep within 20 minutes anyway and he never got to see Small come home. I'm sure Small will tell him all about golf tomorrow morning.

Small and Huffle came back soon after. They had a good time, Small was tired and went straight to bed.

A full day for all.

 

 

1 comment:

HB said...

Glad to see the boys still enjoying some golf, Small looks good on the tee. And he looks great diving in, a threat to HB's diving prowess. Like picture of Smallest 'patiently'!? waiting. Keep the dieting up, I've not started yet but will when all the hols over. (sorry to gloat). HB back tomoro eve apparently one of the kids is the queen of a European country's granddaughter! She been told today they are the best 4 D of E's they ever have. That's my girl. xx