Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mud Flip Belly Flop

Huffle has found a new show on Canadian TV. It is called "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" and is about a red neck family who take their youngest child 'Honey Boo Boo' to pageants. She rarely wins. We watched two episodes last night. One of them featured the 'Redneck Games' where they played 'Mud Flip Belly Flop' and 'Pig Trotter Bobbing'. In the second episode they bought Honey Boo Boo a teacup pig (a pig that only weighs a few pounds). The father (whose name was Sugar Bear) said that the pig, which was a boy, they called him Glitzy and dressed it as a girl, was a new member of their family! The programme is subtitled as they aren't always easy to understand.

I blame Mr Pickle. Before we went to Florida, we had never watched any redneck TV. He introduced it to us and now Huffle can't get enough!

 

I don't know if the man came to quote for our gutters but I haven't seen him and we haven't got a quote yet.

The boys played on the computer this morning, then we all went out to get a few bits. Some clarifier for the pool (which it claims will get rid of cloudiness - I haven't done it yet), a basket for my bike and an inner tube because I have a puncture already.

I picked one of our peppers today.

Then we popped to the supermarket to buy cheese. Smallest requested Tomato Soup for dinner but as we have run out of the English supplies (and I can't find it here yet), I decided to make some. While I was making the tomato one, I made a Roasted Butternut one too. The boys played nicely together and earnt themselves time on the wii. Which meant that I could watch The Great British Bake Off. I love it and am so glad I don't have to miss it thanks to Huffle's Ex Pat programme on the computer.

Wii baseball - Small won

It rained all day today but it is supposed to be better tomorrow. The library rang and said that Small and Smallest both won prizes in the Reading Challenge so we get to pick them up on Thursday when we visit.

The boys wrote in their journals. Honestly, their writing is terrible (they haven't written for a week), imagine how bad it would be if they went the whole summer without writing!

We played Disney Monopoly while waiting for Huffle to come home and then we all ate together. Huffle's presentation went on for four hours but he was very happy with it - he did well. After we finished eating, we all finished the Monopoly game. Smallest won for the first time. He's a proper wheeler dealer.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well on Huffle, bet he's relieved that one's out of the way. How did the tomato soup go? HB's favourite. My golf pretty shocking yesterday, plus my partner slipped and fell off 16th tee twisted her ankle, felt dizzy so we walked in, tell Huffle I had 2 shots on the next 2holes as well! Still it was lovely day and sitting outside chatting afterwards was fun. Left home at 8.45 back home 3.30pm... That 's another day gone, this is the life xx

famfa said...

He is relieved it's out of the way. Smallest ate s lot of the soup, everyone else happy and I wrote out recipe for hb. Glad you had good day, shame your friend fell x