Wednesday 15 August 2012

Free Porridge

I have bites all over my body. No idea where they have come from. We only went out briefly yesterday. The grass is long and wet in our garden and I guess the Mosquitos could be hiding in there. Honestly I am almost covered in bites. It's not fair. I will have to start wearing one of HB's all in one bodysuits!

The forecast looked better today so we decided, after a slow morning (tidying, reading, computer), to go out to the beach/park/splash pad, and packed a picnic. On the way Small saw a sign and shouted "mummy, free porridge!". He has always been a big lover of porridge. The sign, however, said "free produce". Ahh bless.

We passed an ice cream place (and you know us!) we stopped and had a small one.

Small - Banana marshmallow chocolate, Smallest - Chocolate, Me - Blueberry Cheesecake (well I am on a diet, I need my fruit!)

First, the boys played on the park. I was allowed to briefly look at the lake, but not go on the beach....yet! Although later when they were busy playing in the water, they said I could go off on my own and leave them there while I went on the beach. I asked them what they would do if someone came up and said "your mum said you were to come with me". Small stood there thoughtfully. Smallest said "no way, we wouldn't go". Then Small agreed. Then they said "can we bite them?". "yeah and kick them and punch them". "Hold on, this is only if someone was taking you and you knew they shouldn't, you're not going to start biting, kicking and punching people who stop and say hello are you?" I said worriedly. Anyway, I didn't leave them!

The park, they are there somewhere

My brief look at the lake

They went onto the Splash Pad...........................

It was quite cloudy at times, and then the sun would come out and be really hot, then the clouds would come again......

Small getting 'bucketed'

.................................................And there they stayed for most of the afternoon.

Splashing.....

Spraying....

"oh no! Where is the water?"

Buckets of water fell on their heads....

Then it was time for a picnic, more play on the Splash Pad and then back on the park again.

Swinging.......
Climbing........

Hiding in a tube slide

They promised me I could go on the beach if they could go back on the park before we left. I agreed.

Balancing.......

We walked along the beach looking for more driftwood, stones and sticks.

Searching......

We then found a bridge, the boys went on it and then decided they wanted to walk the length of it, so I joined them.

We saw Herons, a duck that Small thought was a Penguin!! Then the boys sat down and I carried on walking just a bit further till I came out at a clearing with picnic benches overlooking the lake again. It was lovely. I hurried back to see what the chimps were doing and they were laying on the bench.

Smalest decided he wanted to carry one of my sticks and he pretended he was an old man.

Ooooh my poor old legs!
Then it was back on the park again.

Look at those clouds
 

I think we finally left about 4 - we had been there for ages.

The boys went in the pool to cool off again when we got home, but the water was quite cool so they didn't stay in it long. They played on the wii while I made dinner.

Look what's growing in our garden today!

Huffle came home in time for us to have dinner together. They boys are loving us all eating together, I know it's better but when they are at school there never seems enough time to get their dinner eaten and digested before bed if we wait for Huffle. Anyway, we are making the most of it at the moment.

We had a Skype from HB and Aunt Pear. They couldn't sleep. HB's results come in tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Doesn't her hair match the curtains well?

When I popped to Mrs Royals to take her some home grown beetroot I saw this lovely rainbow above their barn.

 

.......and finally, my friend Kylie McNobe who lives in Edinburgh sent me this photo of a post box that has been painted gold for Chris Hoy. Ahhhh Lovely. Apparently he has another one now too. Silly me, I thought she said it was for Bradley Wiggins and I couldn't understand as I thought he was from Yorkshire.

Well done Sir Chris

 

 

1 comment:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Famfa where is that park? It looks fabulous for a day out with little kiddies.