Saturday 2 February 2013

Boo Hop

Yesterday was Groundhog Day. Thank God we didn't end up doing yesterday over and over again. Wiarton Willie, our closest Groundhog, didn't see his shadow and predicted, via a 'whisper' to a man in a strange Top Hat, that Spring will be early. HURRAH. Lets hope he's right.

These are mainly Punxatawney Phil (from the film Groundhog Day) but the white one left middle is Wiarton Willie who we went to see in the Summer.

Last night Huffle and I watched the first episode of My Redneck Vacation, which we were introduced to by MrGator around about this time last year. We have seen some of the episodes but not all of them. Very entertaining.

We all had a lovely slow relaxing morning. Small did his homework. Art and Readers Response. Smallest did some dot to dot, I did some jigsaw and Huffle cleaned a bit inside our cars, polished some shoes and played on the IPad. We skyped Grandma and had a good long chat.

No news about the soup, so I guess meat soups are more popular. A woman walked up our drive earlier with an envelope. I thought she was bringing me my winnings (not that I gave them my address ha ha). Huffle and I made a Roast Dinner. Small started building a Roman Arena (from a prize he won at the games yesterday). Smallest made a Treacle Sponge and Custard for the first time. A bit messy but very tasty (though Huffle did have to rescue the Custard).

After dinner and pudding, Small and I did some more work on the Roman Arena........

..........while Huffle and Smallest entertained each other.

The boys played on the Wii and argued until we separated them whilst Huffle and I watched Episode 1 and 2 of The Great Comic Relief British Bake Off. It was very good and made us feel all nostalgic. We also felt like we should have had a big slab of cake with our cup of tea but all we had was a wafer!

Smallest did a puzzle while Small had a shower and then they were friends again and went back in the Wii.

Then they fought again so the Wii was banned for the rest of the day. Mrs Royal came round, brought us some money they owed us for the carnival, had a cup of tea and watched a bit of The Bake Off with us.

The boys had their tea. Small was very rude and insolent and was given a punishment of filling the dishwasher which was very full because it was our dinner stuff. He hated it. They watched TV before bed.

 

No comments: