Tuesday 5 February 2013

My Kingdom for a Horse

I forgot to mention about Richard III. Huffle has been very excited about all the goings on and has been following the news avidly. For those that don't know, Richard III was thought to have been tossed over the bridge into the River Soar during a battle but he was actually buried underneath a church which fell down and was made into a car park. They found his remains and for ages now they have been doing DNA to see if it was him or not. It was him. A lot of people think he should have a state burial (Huffle included) but it seems he will have a 'ceremony' at Leicester cathedral instead. Also, for those that don't know, Leicester is our home town.

-12 ( feels bloomin' cold). Both boys went off to school today leaving me to clear up the mess that was a lovely pancake pudding yesterday. I had no plans today so spent the day pottering around. Exercise started the day, shower, bit of knitting, crochet, sewing, shopping for this weeks dinners, lunch, cleaning, washing, reading my Mollie Makes Magazines.

We have now appointed someone to do the work in the loft and he should start work sometime next week. Now that means I have to empty the loft - WHERE? DO? I? START? As I looked around the loft I realised that bloomin' sofa was up there, the one that took me and Huffle, Moo and Small ages to get it up there, lots of scratched walls and a quote from Huffle "the next time it moves from here, it will be in chopped up pieces!" OH OH!

The boys came home, both with homework. Small's was tricky and talked about an Object Pronoun. Oh, what's that then? I looked it up but couldn't understand the relevance to his homework. Who do I know who is really good at English Language, Grammar etc? Oh yes, Aunty A. I text her to see if she was still up and then she skyped me, she wasn't quite sure but we think she got it right. ......And that is why she is the boys Moral Guardian. Smallest's homework was to find something with the sound 'ow' or 'ou' in it. He chose flowers. Good choice!

 

Smallest decided he would dress up as???? And shoot me!

Huffle came home. We all had dinner (which Smallest helped to make). Small went off to Beavers. Smallest, Huffle and I payed Rush Hour until Smallest went to bed.

At Cubs, they had a visit from a Mountie (no photo for you AA). Small learnt that they wore red because when they were in a battle, the opposition couldn't see if they had been hit or not! Ummmm interesting.

Huffle and I played table tennis - I didn't win today.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It will be very good for Leicester tourist trade that Richard 111 will be buried at Leicester, watched the programme, amazing. How odd that the first place they tried actually uncovered the friary and his body, like it was meant to be. Might buy a cafe near cathedral and Bosworth Field! Loved photo of Smallest but can't work out who he is? Love to u all.x