Tuesday 1 April 2014

Last Party Ever!

Smallest had more seal coughs and said his throat and chest hurt when he coughed. Had he not had a party planned for later in the day, I may have kept him off school. He was desperate to go to school "so I can do gym" he said. OH NOT BECAUSE OF YOUR PARTY THEN? Huffle and I decided to let him go to school, let him have his party and then take him to the doctors afterwards. As it was, he was much better anyway by the time his party was finished.

Huffle went off reluctantly to work (he was wanting to work from home but had left his phone there so had no choice but to go in), the boys went off to school and I went off to the garden centre. The temperature wasn't as warm as yesterday but there was still plenty of melt, so much so that the greenhouse we were in started to fill with water (and I forgot my wellies!). Today I took lots of cuttings of echiverums. Lots of lovely varieties and I got to take some home. Apparantly someone wants hundreds of them for her wedding in October.

I came home at lunchtime and Huffle was home too. I finished the cake.

In between calls and work Huffle helped me with cleaning and clearing ready for Smallest's party. I prepared the first of the pizzas and Huffle and I put up streamers and attempted to blow up balloons.

I drove to school ready to pick up some children whose parents were at work. Suddenly I had too many kids to fit in my car so I sent Small and Smallest off on the bus. Small persuaded me that his friend (and one of Smallest's friends brothers) could come too to help. I took the two kids I was responsible for home and one of the Dads bought his two kids. It was only when we had been home for half an hour that I realised I had bought a child home who was supposed to come with his Dad. I panicked and rang their home and sent an email in apology. His Dad was fine about it all. Phew!

The party started well with everyone sitting down nicely watching Star Wars. I made the first pizza and handed it out with drinks. All was well. The second pizza took too long and they got restless. Then one of the kids decided he didn't like the film, so we stopped it and let Small open his presents. He got a wrestler cushion that you punch and it talks, some lego, a robot that spits out discs, a finger painting and playdoh set and $20. He was very happy with his gifts, however the kids got louder and more roudier.

More pizza came out but the same kid decided he didn't like pizza, though he had eaten two slices already. So we lit the cake and sang happy Birthday. Everyone got a piece of cake - guess what. Kid didn't like cake (after he had eaten it!). We decided to play games as we had an hour left. We played Musical Statues, Musical Bumps, Musical pick a piece of paper up, Musical Chairs. The kids got sillier and louder and we allowed them to run around till their parents picked them up.

All the kids gone, Huffle and I started tidying up. We decided at the clearing away was by far the best part of the party. There is no way there will be any more parties. Those kids are a nightmare and we wonder how their teacher copes as she has many many more. Why did we think a bunch of 6/7 year olds would sit and watch a film, eat pizza and cake and go home quietly?

Small did some homework (he wasn't the greatest of help with the party. He is very good at shouting at them and telling them to shut up but not much more), Smallest half built his lego and Huffle and I had our pizza. We are shattered but Smallest seemed much better until we put him to bed and the coughing started all over again. Huffle put Vicks on his feet (Smallest's not his own) which apparantly stops you coughing. Ha!

 

No comments: