Thursday 19 March 2015

Are you my family?

A beautiful sunshiny day even though it was only 2*. The snow is melting more and more and our garden is starting to emerge bit by bit.

Our morning was spent sorting out Small's going away stuff for school on Monday. He is going to stay in the local forest with his class for two nights. Smallest and I printed off some photos for smallest to take to school, as part of his homework was to share something from the March Break. He chose the chickadees feeding and our nature walk. The kids and I played a game of Mouse Trap which had to be abondoned due to arguing. After a considerable amount of time by themselves in their rooms, we packed up a lunch (which we ate in the car) and drove to the cinema 40 minutes away. They were doing a bargain $2 showing of Annie (2014) and Penguins of Madagascar. I am still working on them to go and see Annie as I haven't seen it and I want to. I also want to see Cinderella but I can't see that happening.

We watched Penguins of Madagascar in a huge room with not many people which was nice considering there were boys running up and down the stairs and toddlers sqealing. Still you can't complain for $2. The boys loved the film but I nearly fell asleep.

After the film finished, we went to the supermarket to pick some warm pyjamas for Small for his trip and then came home where we finished the Mouse Trap game and I made dinner. We dug the basketball net out of the snow and ice and the boys played for a while on the drive. They cleaned a bathroom each to earn IPad playing and sat in Smallest's room until dinner.

Today we had Butter Chicken, Lentil Dahl (which was my best so far), rice and naan. The kids finished off with ice-cream to cool them down. After dinner we all played Mario Kart.

 

4 comments:

Spanish Chica said...

Yum, Lentil Dahl, did you use the recipe or was it your own?

famfa said...

Very similar to yours but I couldn't find the Marsala paste or groundnut oil. I used a simplified recipe in my veggie book. It was lovely. I keep looking for the paste and oil though and Ive kept your recipe ️xx

Spanish Chica said...

I think you'll find the Marsala paste is the different spices that you blend together that are given in the recipe. You can use sun flower oil instead of groundnut oil. Hope this helps xx

famfa said...

What a numpty. I'll read it again and give it a go. Thanks xx