Friday 13 March 2015

PA Day, Pizza and Pod Racing

PA Day. The weather was deceiving today. Beautiful sunshine with an icy chill to the wind. More snow melting but leaving icy patches. We had a small lie-in followed by showers and breakfast. Smallest and I walked to his friends house, breaking icy puddles as we went.

I left Small at home doing homework and playing on the wii. I got to stop and have a coffee with friends mum and we had a nice chat and a play with the girls. I walked home and had a peaceful hour before Smallest was dropped off back home.

After lunch the boys played on their gadgets and watched TV and I made a start on the birthday cake I am making for Suffolks oldest daughter. Everything was going swimmingly until the cake mixture exploded all over the inside of the cooker. What a mess. I had to throw it all away and wash many many things including the inside of the oven and all the racks and utensils. Arrrggghhhhh. I think I may have put too much baking powder in. After the kitchen was spotless, I tried again. Both sponges sank in the middle. OMG what's going on! I also made some pizza dough for dinner (at least that worked) and I tidied up and abandoned the cake. It is not needed until Sunday evening so I will have to have another go tomorrow. A different recipe I think!

Huffle was too busy on the phone so I took the kids to swimming lessons. Half the lesson was swimming and the other half was fun on a giant noodle. Small had to try and rescue 'Bob' (a dummy they use to teach lifesaving) many times. Smallest passed his level 8 first time and now needs to enrol in level 9 (there are only 10 levels, he is going far too fast!). Small passed his level 10 for the second time and is having a break now until the Summer.

Back at home Huffle had our pizza ready for us and we ate it and watched Star Wars Phantom Menace (how many times have we watched this?).

 

 

No comments: