Saturday 28 March 2015

Birthday No1

Quite a cold day with temperatures of -9*. I left all of the boys and went to my $10 quilt course. Today we were shown how to make a Celtic Knot style pattern. It looks quite complicated but then they all have so far. I came home via Target which is about to close. What a mess! Stuff everywhere, all over the floor, hanging off the shelves. It looks like they have completely given up. I didn't buy anything and drove home. The driving here drives me crazy. I know I have ranted about this before but..................... Two lanes and two cars and they both drive at the same speed just slightly apart. This stops anyone overtaking, moving into a different lane or anything. Then on a one lane road, a car drives at 2 km under the speed limit or just 1 km over the limit. They are driving a Black Lexus and I can't tell if it's an unmarked police car or not. So there is no way I can overtake it. Aarrrgggghhhh. I wish it didn't annoy me so much and I wish I could find a way to not care but I DO!!!!! Self important drivers who get in their cars and drive with no consideration of anyone or anything. Pig Ignorant!

I got home to find everyone playing on the wii. I left them to it and went and finished off Smallest's birthday card and wrapped his presents.

Smallest and I played with his wrestling figures and then we got ready to go out to lunch. We went to one of our favourite places and told them it was his birthday. Small and I both ordered the Three Cheese Crepe Manicotti which unfortunately came with veal on it (what a waste!). I sent mine back, I had misread the menu but they were fine and brought me one wih a tomato sauce and no veal. Small liked his. We weren't going to order dessert but Smallest decided because it is nearly his birthday (Monday) he should have one. They bought his out with a candle but didn't want to scare us by singing so he blew the candle out and we shared his and Small's Double Chocolate Torte. Very nice.

We popped into the DeadMans shop and Huffle bought himself a couple of pairs of trousers. We went into a few more shops on the way home. Back home, the kids played basketball and tennis-ball-against-the-chimney which I am informed is called Red Book.

Wearing Daddy's big gloves to keep warm

All of us except Smallest, who was reading, played Monopoly U-Build. Small won. Smallest and I then did the funny stories book where you insert verbs, adjectives and nouns in and read it back. Very silly.

We had our tea in front of Star Wars III.

 

No comments: