Monday 30 March 2015

Birthday No3 (official)

Smallest's face, when I got up this morning, was full of excitement and delight. He jumped up and down and flung his arms around me (normally I get a look and a grunt and if I'm lucky, a Good Morning Mummy). He had decided yesterday that he didn't want to open any presents or cards until he got home from school but he obviously changed his mind. Just one card? OKAY. ....and one more? Until all his cards were open (though not all have been delivered yet). He then asked if he could have his presents but we persuaded him to wait. I left the kids with Huffle (who was on a phonecall but promised to watch them get on the bus), and I went to my early Monday Morning yoga.

The normal yoga teacher wasn't in because she was ill so we had a different lady. She worked us completely differently though not in a bad way. We seemed to do less yoga poses but for much much longer and we had the lovely Shavasana at the end. I almost fell asleep. Fully calm and feeling restored, I then had to do a dash to the supermarket for more fondant icing for Smallest's cake. However, there were so many bargains in there that I got carried away and did a whole weeks shop, and more, and then forgot the damn icing. Back home I put the shopping away and made a start on the cake. That's when I realised I had to have that extra icing so out I went again and got some.

Finally I had lunch with Huffl and then started on the cake. Luckily I made the cake itself yesterday so I only had to ice it but it took me two and a half hours. Smallest had designed the cake so I knew what he wanted. I had also made some mini cup cakes with some left over mixture so I incorporated them into the design too.

Then came the huge task of clearing up the kitchen. Huffle helped in between working and between us we got the kitchen cleared. I had a shower, put some washing on, swept the floors and then the boys were home. Smallest didn't even notice the cake for ages but loved it. He said "it's even better than I imagined". Awwww bless him. Small had hurt his fingers at school playing dodgeball so we had to ice it as it was swelling.

Smallest opened one present (which was his tablet) and Small got his and they played together on the sofa until Grandma and Grandad FaceTimed to sing Happy Birthday (we put some cheese in his ears!). Small's finger was still swollen and hurting and we considered taking him for an X-ray. The piano teacher came and Smallest had his lesson. She decided that small could miss his lesson because of his finger but he still talked to her about his recital piece.

Aunt Pear and HB Skyped and sang Happy Birthday and watched him open his presents. I made pizza and Garlic Breead for the birthday tea and we all ate that followed by Jelly and ice cream and cake.

Huffle took Small to Scouts where he one-handedly created this years Kub Kar. We have already had an idea for decorating it but want some advice from Grandad first just to make sure.

Smallest, Huffle and I played MarioKart until it was time to pick up Small. Small's hand is still a bit swollen but he can move the fingers so we will see how it looks after he has rested it.

Thank you for all your birthday wishes. He says THANK YOUUUUUUUUU x

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Sounds like a fab birthday...hope Small's finger is a bit better (I think eating more cake may help it!) x