Wednesday 25 March 2015

Candle Power

What a busy day.

Smallest went off to school. I did Aerobics. Today was a new start to the 14 week sessions so we had a whole new routine, plus we had a week off last week. I found out before the class even started that one of the ladies', that I exercise with, husband died over the weekend. Very sad, such a nice lady. Aerobics was very tough trying to learn the new routine, I'm not sure how ExerciseNic puts up with us (well me really). I think we nearly had it before we stopped for weights and floor work. Still we have another 13 to go to perfect it.

I had a quick snack back home and then rushed out to Pottery which was in a different place today. I swear the email said we had to be there at 12 but apparantly it didn't start until 12:30 so I had to go and have a cup of tea with Suffolk (who also turned up early because I told her what time to get there whoops) before we could go in.

Today's session was all about finishing our pots we had made over the last five weeks. We learnt how to prepare the pots, how to wax the bottoms so the glaze wouldn't stick in the kiln and finally how to glaze. There was a lot to do and a few mistakes here and there, but we did it. It's such a nice class and most of us are going back to do the next one in April so that will be fun.

I got home five minutes before the boys came home. WELCOME HOME MY BIG BEAR - WE MISSED YOU. Small had a lot of fun though lots of late nights and a not too comfortable bed. He told us lots of stories about what happened there and now wants to go to Summer Camp there and stay over for a week. He had to do lots of clearing up, washing up, taking out recycling etc. He also gave me a great idea about putting chores on paper in a jar and the kids then get to pick something useful to do. Oh yes, I like that!

We allowed the boys to go on the wii but of course it ended in an argument so that was ended quickly. Small had his first basketball session today but it didn't start until 7:45pm (not ideal considering he is so tired but all sports things seem to be late here). Huffle took him and watched.

Smallest and I stayed at home and snuggled and watched TV. Then while Smallest was cleaning his teeth at 7:30pm, the power went out. It wasn't completely dark outside but dark enough that we had trouble finding and lighting candles. Smallest was a little star and helped me loads. I hate the dark and get quite scared but obviously I have to be brave in front of the kids. We got lots of candles lit all around the house and then went and sat on his bed and played Mancala a couple of times. I left him with a fake candle and his solar lamp and came back downstairs, boiled a saucepan of water, put the gas fire on and lit candles that had burnt down. Huffle kept me updated on tweets from the electric company and Ed Sheeran kept me company while I made a cup of tea and kept warm.

It came back on just before 9pm. I left the candles on then just in case it went off again. Huffle and Small came back after a feat time at basketball. Small loved it and Huffle was very impressed.

 

 

 

No comments: