Wednesday 11 March 2015

Rude Pottery

Another sunny day with temperatures up to 9*. I've noticed people are outside without their coats and you know what they say "ne'er cast a clout till May is out". Why? What will happen?

After the boys went to school I went to aerobics where we worked really hard (I have been away for two weeks OUCH). I was already aching from yoga on Monday and I know I will be aching from aerobics now too. Back home, quick shower and lunch and then off for my pottery class where we had a lot of fun creating a milk jug. Using the normal slab method we made it into a nice big jug with stamped details and then had to 'pull' a handle. This caused many laughs and guffaws (wish I'd videod it now) as we had to pull down on a long piece of clay (similar to milking a cow I would imagine ;). They looked pretty cool by the time we had finished.

Unfortunately that was our last session until after March break when we go back to glaze all our works. I signed up for the next lot of sessions though. Same kid of things but she said she would get us making different pots. Our teacher said that normally milk jugs would not be for beginners but as two had done the class before, I had done it at night school and we were all naturals, she let us do it. I also signed Smallest and I up for a Mother and Daughter Sunday (they said they named it wrong and I could definitely take my son) where we make a Clay Frog Planter. Smallest is mad on frogs and is very creative so this will be a nice thing for us both to do together. Small is a bit old for it so I signed him up for Basketball for Youth which runs for 8 weeks and enables him to give up swimming until the Summer when he will be old enough to do his next Lifesaving badge.

The boys got home before me and were busy clearing their bags when I got home. I made dinner and Facetimed HB and Moo (at separate times obviously) to catch up.

After dinner the boys played on the wii.

 

2 comments:

Spanish Chica said...

Great jugs!?!?! He,he .....

famfa said...

Ooooo errrr missus. Thanks xx